Medicals Front loaded - Visa Activation Date Query

HappyIsland

Hi

Our family front-loaded our medicals in August with the hope that we would have received an invitation by now.
I received a 190 invitation this morning, and as the medicals are only valid for 12 months and the visa activation date has to be within 12 months of the medicals date, there is a chance that the medicals will expire before my application is completed. There is also a chance that we're left with only a few days in which we have to do the visa activation.

I presume that the case officers would be reasonable and would either request for new medicals to be done, or would grant a lenient extension to the initial date of entry in the case that the entry date is unrealistic.

Could any migration agents or people that have gone through this please shed some light on this?

I emailed @SD_MOA and he confirmed that the case officer will usually request new medicals if there is a chance that they will expire.
In addition to this, if my initial entry date is too soon I can request an extension which is usually given.

Edited by RYLC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I also front loaded my medicals and PCC. My CO asked for other documents but not these, but waiting for him to come back to me, my medicals and PCC are now also close to expiring. 

Should I just preempt him asking for it, and redo my medicals with my existing HAP ID and upload an updated PCC before he asks? 

Thanks!