citizenship application question & Oz Born baby

seanOZ

Hi,

Need a bit of advice on how to proceed with citizenship application.

We have been in Australia now for just over four years and are eligible for our citizenship application.

In A few months ago we had our third born child who was born in Australia. We have been on our permanent residency Visa for approximately two years now.

So my question is this, do I need to List him on our application as one of the children who is not apply for citizenship as he already has it?

Silly question I know…

From recollection you do list all children and there is a box to tick if they are also an applicant or not. We had our third in oz and submitted for citizenship in Feb 2018. Still waiting

Stefans, there is a massive backlog of citizenship applications and when I applied that was the expected time frame, between 12-18 months. 

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/10/20/citizenship-application-backlog-mounts-120000

Since we have submitted we have not received any further correspondence. I check it from time to time, but it remains received...and so we wait. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, stefans said:

BriD.

WOW mine took 3 months(2016). A friend and his wife got theirs within a month(2016) in Melbourne. 

Your friend is a candidate for the Guinness books  😉