New Passport

FingersCrossed

Good day everyone

Last year we were granted PR visa's which we activated last year. We are moving over this December. My step son's passport was due to expire in 5 months and he has just turned 18 (gets a 10 year passport) so we took the plunge and stood in the long queue and got him his new passport. 

I have since received the new passport and logged onto the immi account as per the instructions on border.gov.au and uploaded a copy of his new passport and the details.

My question is - has anyone else done this and if so, how long for it to be updated? Do you receive a confirmation email once done or can I just assume that it will all be sorted by the time we land in December ?

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

Hi

I assume you would have completed the Form 929 , it took 9 days to get a response in June 2018.

Mail :

Thank you for your email.

Your Form 929 has been processed and your details have been updated in the department’s systems. Please note that Passport changes may take 24-48 hours to be reflected in VEVO. This will not affect your travel.

You can check your own visa details with VEVO through the following link: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/VEVO

Did you know ? After five years the travel validity on a permanent visa expires so permanent residents who are seeking to travel and return to Australia may need to apply for a Resident Return visa: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/rrv

Regards

Hi @Nallan

No i didnt complete that form. According to the website (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/what-if-i-have-a-new-passport😞

What if I have a new passport?

If you have been issued with a new passport since your Australian visa was granted, you must notify us of your new passport details to ensure that your record is up-to-date. Failure to update your passport details may result in delays when travelling to Australia. You or registered organisations may be unable to check your visa details online.

We have two options with updating your passport:

For more information see Electronic visa record

So I just went and did it from my Immiaccount which was quick and simple.

Did you use an agent?  I recently updated my address on immiaccount and the official correspondence email (my agent) got the email to confirm that my address was updated.