Applying for a VISA as a teacher

Barnes

Good day everyone,

This is my first time posting on a platform like this so please bare with me. I have started doing my research into applying to go teach in Australia. I am currently still residing in South Africa. I emailed the Australian Embassy with my queries but they are not very helpful. To provide you with some background, I am a Intermediate phase teacher with only two years of full-time experience. I am to complete my Honours degree at the end of this year (2018). I have a few queries about the procedure I should follow. Can my my IELTS test results will expire at the end of this month October 2018.Can I still apply for my skills assessment now, before completing my degree?

I am just concerned because to apply for a skills assessment is very expensive and I would hate to fail, due to not having completed my degree.

Kind regards

Bianca Barbes

You need to have completed your studies before you can apply for a skill assessment.

Also I don't think that Intermediate Phase Teacher is on the occupation list for migration to Australia so I don't think that you will qualify for a skilled visa.

Perhaps the two migration agents on here can give some general idea on this occupation please @TeeTMI / @SD_MOA in case things have changed.

Edited by RYLC

Hello Bianca,

You cannot submit a skills assessment with AITSL until you have completed your initial Teaching qualification and have been issued the graduation certificate.  If you have this already then you don't need to wait to finish your Honors. 

If you completed your supervised teaching practice in a High School setting you may be able to apply as a Secondary School teacher.

If you would like me to review your options email me a copy of your CV to the address below.

Regards