804 Visa

CharlieO

Does anyone have any experience re 804 Visa. Can one apply and use bridging visas to stay in Aus while waiting for answer on 804 application?

I highly doubt it - it makes no sense to allow a bridging visa for a visa with a 30 year wait. But one of the agents can give better advice.

Hello All,

In fact yes a bridging visa is granted if a valid SC804 visa is lodged while the applicant/s are in Australia.  This is a fairly common occurrence.

It is important that the visa the applicant arrives in Australia on does not have a 'No Further stay' condition on it.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards

Yes I’ve heard that it’s this No Further stay' condition that catches out Saffas whereby they can’t apply for another visa while onshore.

Have heard some heart breaking stories where relatives got visitor visas, sold everything to come for a “visit” to apply onshore and then found out about this condition on their visa. 

Thanks for the advice, I also thought as Tntaglia said that it doesn't make sense but then someone told us it is possible. Your comments SD_MOA seems to suggest that it might be possible. We will be visiting in Dec/Jan on normal tourist visa subclass 600 which I presume will have this "No further stay" clause although I havent seen it on the visa

17 hours ago, SD_MOA said:

Hello All,

In fact yes a bridging visa is granted if a valid SC804 visa is lodged while the applicant/s are in Australia.  This is a fairly common occurrence.

It is important that the visa the applicant arrives in Australia on does not have a 'No Further stay' condition on it.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards

Thanks for the advice, what types of visa would not have this "No further stay" condition on them?

The 'No Further Stay' condition can be discretionary so it may or may not be on the SC600 depending upon the circumstances and decision maker. 

You mention you already have your visa.  If the No Further Stay condition has been applied it would normally be listed with the other conditions.  e.g. 8101 No Work, 8201, Max 3 months study, 8503 No Further Stay.... 

7 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

The 'No Further Stay' condition can be discretionary so it may or may not be on the SC600 depending upon the circumstances and decision maker. 

You mention you already have your visa.  If the No Further Stay condition has been applied it would normally be listed with the other conditions.  e.g. 8101 No Work, 8201, Max 3 months study, 8503 No Further Stay.... 

Thanks Tee, I have double checked my Visa and see that the 8503 No further stay does apply to our visas. Is it possible to apply for the 804 and stay in Australia on the 600 for 3 months at a time, leave country for 48 hours and then come back for 3 months until expiry of 600 visa and then apply for new 600 visa and continue as such till 804 is granted or is there a maximum amount of months one can stay per year on the 600 visa? Our visas only have the 8101, 8201 and 8503 conditions attached.

22 hours ago, CharlieO said:

Thanks Tee, I have double checked my Visa and see that the 8503 No further stay does apply to our visas. Is it possible to apply for the 804 and stay in Australia on the 600 for 3 months at a time, leave country for 48 hours and then come back for 3 months until expiry of 600 visa and then apply for new 600 visa and continue as such till 804 is granted or is there a maximum amount of months one can stay per year on the 600 visa? Our visas only have the 8101, 8201 and 8503 conditions attached.

Hello Charlie, I am afraid that is not a viable option.  In this case you will need to apply for an offshore visa - as the standard visa takes 30 years to be processed this only really leaves the expensive Contributory Parent Visa.   You would be able to visit Australia on a visitor visa during the time this takes to be processed (about 3 years) and there is an long term Visitor visa can can allow 12 months stays in every 18 months.

I hope this helps.

Regards

1 hour ago, SD_MOA said:

Hello Charlie, I am afraid that is not a viable option.  In this case you will need to apply for an offshore visa - as the standard visa takes 30 years to be processed this only really leaves the expensive Contributory Parent Visa.   You would be able to visit Australia on a visitor visa during the time this takes to be processed (about 3 years) and there is an long term Visitor visa can can allow 12 months stays in every 18 months.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks very much, this is all much clearer now and pretty much as I originally understood it as well. It is just that one hears all sorts of other "possible scenarios" which you and TeeTMI have now have now affirmed are not realistic possibilities.