Uploading photo to ImmiAccount

IlzedP

Question

Hi all,

We are preparing our visa submission on the ImmiAccount I have read the following:

Scanning your photograph

To successfully scan your passport size photograph:

• ensure it is endorsed and signed by the same authorised person who signed your Identity declaration

What exactly do I need to do? Can I not just take a photo with my phone and upload it as per the size specified on ImmiAccount?

4 answers to this question

Hi IlzedP

I think those are the guidelines when applying for citizenship. If I go to the 'Attach Documents' segment and click on the question mark next to 'Photograph - Passport' it gives me these requirements:

Photograph - Passport

Provide a recent passport photograph (45mm x 35mm). This should be of the head and shoulders only, and should show the person facing the camera, against a plain background and must be less than six months old. Print the name of the person on the back of the photograph.

No, you can't take a photo on your phone. It has to be the specified dimensions. You will have to upload the front and back of it. On the back, you should write "This is a true photograph of [name]", and the person who signed your identity declaration should sign it. 

16 hours ago, IlzedP said:

What exactly do I need to do? Can I not just take a photo with my phone and upload it as per the size specified on ImmiAccount?

Had the same question which I posed on a different forum. The response was that just the photo needs to be uploaded.  

It does not really make sense the part where it says "ensure it is endorsed and signed by the same authorised person who signed your Identity declaration", as for a VISA application there is no identity declaration. Identity Declaration (Form 1195) is for citizenship. Its possible that the description for the photo requirements was just copy/pasted from Form 1195.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, managed to get hold of an emigration agent stating that I could take a photo with my phone given requirements are met in terms of photo quality.