489 Visa - Anyone Recently Granted?

Tynamite

Hi

I submitted my application for the 489 SA Visa on 16 April 2018. Has anyone who applied around this time recently been granted their Visa? This waiting is killing me!

Thanks

Teresa

• Like 1

I also submitted my application for the 489 QLD Visa on the 5th of May 2018. The CO contacted me on 22 Aug requesting for my son's PCC. I submitted it the same day.  A few days later they also contacted my employer to confirm employment details.  Have not heard anything since then. Just pray that one morning I wake up to see my application status changed from Further Assessment to Finalized.  I know what you are talking about - the waiting is definitely killing me too!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Good day Tynamite.... our visas were finally granted on 13 Nov 2018. The waiting was starting to catch up on us but its finally over now, its preparation time for movement. Just hang in there, yours might be out anytime soon. Good luck!!!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Tynamite and @Vusa, thank you for this topic. How long did you wait from EOI until your invitation?

I have submitted mine about 3 months ago and still waiting for an invitation for the 489. The waiting is already killing me and I am still waiting on the invitation :blush:

@Tynamite I'm sure yours is around the corner. @Vusa when are you landing?

Kind Regards

Melvin

Hi. I am also in the waiting room. Lodged application for 489 Tas on 13 June. CO contact on September 23 for 5 year bank statements. I responded within 3 days but up to now no feedback. This is such a test of patience. Hope the golden mail will come soon. 

On 11/26/2018 at 12:56 AM, Melvin2705 said:

Hi @Tynamite and @Vusa, thank you for this topic. How long did you wait from EOI until your invitation?

I have submitted mine about 3 months ago and still waiting for an invitation for the 489. The waiting is already killing me and I am still waiting on the invitation :blush:

@Tynamite I'm sure yours is around the corner. @Vusa when are you landing?

Kind Regards

Melvin

Hi Melvin,

I submitted my EOI on 10 Feb 2018 and got state nomination(Queensland) on 11 Feb 2018. I submitted all the supporting documents needed then I got the invitation to apply for a visa on 12 Mar 2018. I submitted the visa application on 05 May 2018. The CO requested for my son's PCC on 22 Aug, they also contacted my employer for confirmation of employment a week later. Our grants came through on 13 Nov 2018. Our waiting period was 6 months.  

We are thinking of landing in Queensland beginning of Feb 2019. Just hang in there Melvin I know how it feels to be waiting for the next stage, it needs some bit of patience though of course patience is what we do not have lol 

All the best of luck,

Vusa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Vusa, thank you for your response, much appreciated. You must be so excited to leave for Queensland? Yes, I need that patience definitely.

I am just hoping that ill get my invitation to apply by latest February 2019, and then to get the final VISA grant by end October 2019. I think this should be a realistic expectation seeing that by End February it will be 5 months since my EOI was submitted?

Kind Regards

Melvin