Job offer Finance Manager Northern territory

Navc

I am a CA(SA), RA and have completed my skills assessment and English tests and have been told by my migration agent that I now need a job offer in the Northern Territory as a Finance manager. We are hoping to get the VISA and work in SA for two - three years while selling our assets and establishing ourselves in Australia. Has anyone else managed to get a job offer in the Northern Territory only for their VISA application? How did you get the job offer? Any advice, please help.

A few years ago, a friend of ours applied for a state sponsored visa in Tasmania. The application said he needed to get a job offer or else strong evidence of one; not sure if your application would be the same. What he did was that he sent job applications off to companies. Fortunately for him, one company replied and said that they didn't have any positions currently vacant but they would keep his information on file or something to that effect. I think another company also gave a positive acknowledgement. He was also fortunate to have family here though too and he could say they would support him. But he used those responses from potential employers and his application was granted. I suspect he was very fortunate, but you could try something similar if your visa rules allow that, for example, get a letter from an organisation in your field to say that your skills meet the market. But in saying this, I know that the majority of companies one will apply for a job with here hardly ever respond if one doesn't make the short list, so maybe it was because he applied to Tasmania, where the skills pool is smaller. You might be fortunate because of that too in the Northern Territory. Just a thought. Hope it helps in some way.

Edited by Avatar

The last paperwork I received from my migration agent said:

Application for Northern Territory Government Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa and Skilled Regional (Subclass 489) visa

Edited by Navc
errro

I think my friend applied for the first type of visa; it was a permanent resident visa by a state government. The State here must have liked what he included in his application. Hope it goes well for you.

Edited by Avatar

Hello Navc,

You don't need a job offer to apply for state sponsorship from the NT for a Finance Manager - only proof of 5 recent job adverts in the NT that you wold be able to apply for.  You can check this here.

Please note that the NT almost always only offer sponsorship for the SC489 visa regardless of what visa you apply for.

I hope this helps.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Apparently Darwin has trouble finding and keeping good staff. Don’t forget to look on the city council websites too...not sure whether they can sponsor but they always have lots advertised.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-05/nt-businesses-struggle-to-find-employees-depressed-job-market/8162888