Previously denied, can I apply again?

brettmeyer

Hi all, been a long time since I've been on this forum... but the lure of Aus has started calling again.

In 2008 I applied for an Australian visa while living in the UK. I forget the subclass, but it was the "live anywhere, work for anyone" visa (edit, I looked at my old posts it was 175). At the time my profession (web developer) was high in demand and was hoping for a quick application. Fast forward and my profession slowly started dropping in demand until my application went to the lowest tier 5, but we figured if anything I would at least get my money back if they cancelled the application after too long (we were told). In 2012 we returned to South Africa and I was suddenly assigned a case officer, but was then promptly denied the visa based on the officer deeming my work experience 12 months before application as invalid, with no reason... not further correspondence would be answered... possibly a way to move the visa off the list without cancelling and refunding.

Anyway, here I am now starting to seriously consider moving my myself, wife and 2 kids to Gods Country and am wondering how this may effect a new application if I try again - possibly looking at the state sponsored visa route this time. I have absolutely no idea where the letter of denial is. I applied through a company called ASA (I think) and I can't find the website, and the email address I was using is long since gone. I assume Australia gov. will have a copy of this from my passport number though?

Edited by brettmeyer
Found old visa class

Hello Brett,

Your previous refusal will not impact your current application as long as you declare it in the current application. Feel free to drop me an email on the details below if you would like me to review your current visa options.

BTW I  am holding migration seminars around South Africa in October/November which explains the whole process which may be useful for you.  Click here for details.

Regards

Edited by SD_MOA
typo