Visitor Visa 600 refusal

MichKen

Hi, wondering if one of the agents might be able to assist with some advice? My son’s girlfriend’s (she’s 18) visa was refused on the grounds of insufficient funds to support herself.... wondering how she can handle this now.  She wanted to come visit him in December for the holidays.

What’s odd here is that the amount quoted on the refusal letter is different to what the bank statements said - they quoted a sub-total balance on page 2 (R8500) on the refusal letter and not the current available balance, which appears at the end of the statement page 3 (R21000+) - the two amounts differ significantly.  Both him and I wrote a letter saying she was invited to stay with us, and he submitted his bank statements, with a healthy savings balance, saying he would support her.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 6:35 PM, MichKen said:

Hi, wondering if one of the agents might be able to assist with some advice? My son’s girlfriend’s (she’s 18) visa was refused on the grounds of insufficient funds to support herself.... wondering how she can handle this now.  She wanted to come visit him in December for the holidays.

What’s odd here is that the amount quoted on the refusal letter is different to what the bank statements said - they quoted a sub-total balance on page 2 (R8500) on the refusal letter and not the current available balance, which appears at the end of the statement page 3 (R21000+) - the two amounts differ significantly.  Both him and I wrote a letter saying she was invited to stay with us, and he submitted his bank statements, with a healthy savings balance, saying he would support her.

@MichKen  It sounds like whoever refused this visa has made a mistake by looking at the wrong bank balance  🙄 Wondering if you had any news in the meanwhile? 

@Bonny she actually sorted it out with them somehow.  I think she just replied to the email, saying that she believed they’d made a mistake and asking them the relook at the bank statement, but I could be wrong.  She has since received her visa.

• Like 1