Points - How many qualifications get points?

nanettedv

Question

I have just received a successful ACS assessment back. They have noted that I have 2 qualifications that equate to an Australian AQF Diploma. Do both of these diplomas get 10 points on the Skilled Visa points system, or does only your highest achievement get counted?

Kind regards,

Nanette

7 answers to this question

You only get points for the one you will be utilizing for your skills assessment, which relates to your work experience and that relates to the occupation you will be applying for on the skills occupation list.

You can only claim points for one of your qualifications.
NB: it does not necessarily need to be the qualification used toward your skills assessment.

Hi @TeeTMI 

Please may I divert your attention to my following question. It is loosely related to this topic. Hopefully you can shed some light on the question. Kindly follow the link below. 

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Basil1 said:

Hi @TeeTMI 

Please may I divert your attention to my following question. It is loosely related to this topic. Hopefully you can shed some light on the question. Kindly follow the link below. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Basil1,

Your query is not straight forward and looking through the thread there are a number of questions and you are asking a bout a variety of options/occupations.  I feel it would be inappropriate for me to comment without having assessed the wider documentation (including the qualifications themselves and institutions among other things) and putting the details into a wider context.  
However, to answer the main question in a very generalised manner without commenting on your personal situation.  The qualification that you use towards the points for 'Education' in the visa application need not be the same qualification that is used when obtaining your skills assessment.

Thanks @TeeTMI

I appreciate your message.  I understand the complexity of it and you requiring further information. 

You have answered my question though, thank you so much. 

If I may be a bit cheeky and ask one more question?

Does the qualification used for the visa (the qualification that wasn't assessed) need to be assessed as well, or will the visa case officer perform his/her own check? 

Many thanks. Kind Regards. 

It’s probably safer to have it assessed too. If it’s on the list

Edited by KayB
Responded on wrong post

20 hours ago, Basil1 said:

If I may be a bit cheeky and ask one more question?

Does the qualification used for the visa (the qualification that wasn't assessed) need to be assessed as well, or will the visa case officer perform his/her own check? 

Under legislation it does not have to have been assessed externally.  However in some situations it can be useful to do so.  Not all qualifications/institutions are considered equal and the qualification will be considered within the AQF framework and will need be equivalent of an Australian qualification at the level claimed.  

• Thanks 1