Unsuccessful Skills Assessment - What is impact on Visa

LieslG

Question

I am hesitant to submitted my skills assessment, because another applicant with the same degree (Masters Degree in Architecture) from the same university from the same year received an unsuccessful skill assessment Stage 1 response.  Response from AACA - "unsuccessful due to qualifications" 

My degree and university is recognised by the Canberra Accord and Commonwealth Association of Architects.

I am registered as a Professional Architect with SACAP (South African Council for the Architectural Profession) 

• My concern is that my skills assessment will be unsuccessful purely base on the university where I obtained my degree. Does anyone have helpful advice/guidance on how to overcome this possible hurdle? AACA is unwilling to elaborate and insist they assess case by case. 
  • How does this affect my visa application? 
  • I understand I will be able to complete Stage 2 of the skills assessment in Australia if I am residing in Australia and have a valid visa for 3 months with working rights. What visa do I apply for if I too have an unsuccessful skill assessment Stage 1?

7 answers to this question

Hi. I submitted my skills assessment. The other candidate submitted an appeal.

We have to wait for 12 weeks for feedback. I'll post what the outcome is end of Feb.

BArch at CPUT

MArch at TUT

I emailed them twice and both times they just confirmed that they can't comment and each case is accessed individually. 

Well all that worry was for nothing. Very happy to report that my Skills Assessment is successful! 

Now for IELTS!

I think the other applicant did not provide all the necessary information for the Skills Assessment as it is a lot of work and one could very easily slip. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1