Tourist or Family Sponsored Visit Visa for Gran? Help whats the difference

Spider

Apologies if this is silly but i am a little confused after reading all info. my gran is coming for a 3 week holiday, she hasnt seen me or my daughter in 8.5 years and while still strong and healthy and able to travel we want to have her visit with us.

What is the difference between the two and which would be best to use? Could we do a tourist visa (faster processing times) but i can add a sponsorship form in anyways?

As i said on the surface it seems silly but im obviously missing something between those two visitor visa classes.....

Thanks!

Hello Spider,

The standard visitor visa should be fine but make sure you provide a letter from yourselves confirming that you will support her and also a letter from her listing her reasons for needing to return to South Africa (other family, home etc).

I hope this helps.

Regards

• Thanks 1

Thanks have done a letter will help with hers as her visit is only 3 weeks and she travels often to family overseas. The family sponsor one I was worried about because of proving the relationship as family which I can’t do without an unabridged birth certificate for my dad and he doesn’t have one.

she is 83 is that ok for the standard tourist visit visa 

Hello Spider, No problem.  There is no upper age limit for visitor visas so that will not be an issue.

Regards

• Thanks 1