SkillSelect 189 Invitations have been published for 11th July 2018

SkillSelect 189 Invitations have been published for 11th July 2018  this is the first round of the 2018-19 migration year.

For ALL occupations NOT in the table see text for the number of points required

Note the Dept of Home Affairs have announced that only 1 round of invitations will occur each month.

- 189 Invitations
1,000 invitations were issued for the 189 visa to EOIs with 70+ points (EOI date of effect prior to 6/3/2018).

- 489 (Family Sponsored)
10 invitations were issued for the 489 visa to EOIs with 80+ points (EOI date of effect prior to 8/6/2018)

The department have stated that they they intend to continue to issue the above number of people each month. If this is the case we would hope to see the points required reduce slowly over time, as it it 400 more each month than in recent months.

The points required for previous recent months can be seen at or web sitehttp://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite 

Points.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update. I wonder if they will stick to a set number of invites. If they did it would be much easier to predict if the EOI will pan out, and when it will.

I think it will be useful to see the number invited in August to see if it matched that of July.   I suspect they may adjust at some point/s along the way depending upon the number of other visas applied for that impact on the skilled independent visa group. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this information!

Is there a place where one can view how many applicants are in the 189 pool waiting to be selected?

We just lodged our EOI with 75 points for 261111 and it would be great to see how far we are in the pecking order. 

I do have one more question. Can one get a view of how many applicants are selected from 261111 and how many from 261112?

I did my skills assessment under 261111 in stead of 261112 and I need to know if it will be worth paying for the assessment again under 261112. 

8 hours ago, IlzedP said:

Is there a place where one can view how many applicants are in the 189 pool waiting to be selected?

We just lodged our EOI with 75 points for 261111 and it would be great to see how far we are in the pecking order. 

The pool can change minute by minute - knowing where you are now would not provide much information (plus, that information is not published).  For example you have submitted with 75 points - if someone submits an EOI with more than 75 points at any time prior to you receiving an invitation you would go back a place...

With the occupations within the 2611** as you can see they are currently inviting people with 80 points.  Therefore, anyone who has or in the future submits an EOI for a 189 with 80+ points will be invited in front of you.  Plus, the backlog of people already waiting with 75 points are also in front of you.  

8 hours ago, IlzedP said:

I do have one more question. Can one get a view of how many applicants are selected from 261111 and how many from 261112?

Currently they would be treated the same - invites are by points (highest) and then date (earliest) order within this group.

You might keep an eye on how the points move over the next few months to see IF, or how quickly, things move forward towards your EOI - and if it does not appear to be moving in your direction and you are keen to obtain a visa earlier potentially look at different options if it suits your circumstances and aims.

13 hours ago, IlzedP said:

The below is a rough estimate on http://www.iscah.com/eoi-invitation-estimates/

According to the estimate, you are looking at around a 5 month wait.

August16thEstimates.png

On 8/21/2018 at 1:00 AM, TeeTMI said:

The pool can change minute by minute - knowing where you are now would not provide much information (plus, that information is not published).  For example you have submitted with 75 points - if someone submits an EOI with more than 75 points at any time prior to you receiving an invitation you would go back a place...

With the occupations within the 2611** as you can see they are currently inviting people with 80 points.  Therefore, anyone who has or in the future submits an EOI for a 189 with 80+ points will be invited in front of you.  Plus, the backlog of people already waiting with 75 points are also in front of you.  

Currently they would be treated the same - invites are by points (highest) and then date (earliest) order within this group.

You might keep an eye on how the points move over the next few months to see IF, or how quickly, things move forward towards your EOI - and if it does not appear to be moving in your direction and you are keen to obtain a visa earlier potentially look at different options if it suits your circumstances and aims.

Thanks!!