Life insurance on the cheap.

Bob

Are you paying too much for life insurance??

On arriving in Australia, everything is strange and new. That's a bit like me and my wife when we visit our younger daughter who lives in Canada. We just don't know what is the best phone deal to have?    Where is the cheapest place in town to rent a car?   . . . . and so on.

We all want a roof over our heads and we take out enormous mortgages (bonds) to pay for it. That is all jeopardised if we fall ill for a long time, or an accident happens to one of us, so we take life insurance out to cover us. Who will keep paying the bills each month otherwise?

In Australia, 99% of the time, the cheapest place to get the best deal for life insurance is through our Superannuation fund. They get a "bulk deal" from the life insurance company to cover all their members. This keeps the cost of the premiums right down and it can work out a fraction of the cost you would be paying for taking out life insurance individually.

Do your homework.

Check out the cost of life insurance through your Super fund at work for the appropriate amount of cover you need, then get a quote from a life insurance personally as an individual off the street.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

. . . . . maybe it's even time to wind up your life insurances back home in South Africa and save some serious money?

Edited by Bob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much @Bob - that's really good to know as we are starting to shop around for life insurance.