TSS 482 Visa

Does anyone have any experience with the new 482 visa and the processing times for this visa? The Australian Department of Home Affairs indicates that the processing time is between 15 and 28 days *medium term). I was wondering how accurate this was and whether people were generally being processed within the times indicated by the department of home affairs?  

Any insights from people that have recently gone through the 482 process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there

We are busy with applying for this now and the processing time is dependent on how quickly you can gather and upload the info.  They require alot of things for eg; PC, medical checks etc and all these things take time to obtain, for example PC took us 2 weeks, the medical checks happened quickly. I phoned them, got an app for 2 days later, 2 days after that they were uploaded. This is where we are currently sitting. All and all - its been just over a month now since we started the process.

Hope this helps

Hi Gecko, thanks so much for your response.  I think we are at a similar stage in the process- we have submitted all information and have done our medical checks.  We applied just under a month ago (around 27 June).

It would be good to stay in touch to see how the process unfolds so that we can get a indication of timelines. 

I see that the Aussie Dept of Home Affairs has just revised the processing times to between 55-63 days (for medium term)- I really hope we get the visa before then ☺️

Thanks

I would say that 2-3 months is becoming more normal currently. They were quicker at the start as it was new, times are starting to increase.

Finally lodged our 482 today. We were also relying on the 2 weeks processing time, but I see we are now in for a 60 day wait.

Did you get the medical insurance already or waiting until approval? It was not a supporting document required with the lodgement. 

Congrats! Yes, the revised waiting times suck. Regards the medical aid, my employer advised that I apply for private medical aid which I did. I used Bupa and had to pay 1 month premium and I can then elect when the start date of the policy is.  They issued me with a letter confirming medical aid for visa purposes- I have had to extend it due to the revised processing times. 

Good luck, hope processing times improve. 

Our visa was granted last night/ early this morning!!!! Very excited. 😁

@Gecko @Wessmuts if it hasn't come yet, I am sure your approval is around the corner.  All the best!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, Andpatt said:

Our visa was granted last night/ early this morning!!!! Very excited. 😁

@Gecko @Wessmuts if it hasn't come yet, I am sure your approval is around the corner.  All the best!

We got our visas! Granted in 5 days!!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 2:45 PM, Andpatt said:

@Gecko Any developments your side? 

Yup - we got our visa's on the 2 Aug!!! So now, the big planning starts! Its very exciting and we are all very happy, but sadly the family and friends are not taking the news so well.

Ive already sent off blood tests for the kitty, getting quotes in for movers. We just need to work out our timeline, but we are looking at hubby going over in Nov so he can find a place to stay and look into schools etc. then the girls and I will be going over in Dec at some point. The family wants us to stay for xmas, but that might not work out.

Whats your plans?

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I’m busy with my final interviews, once done and get the thumbs up the visa application for 482 sponsered will start.  What did you do for employment references? Companies don’t want to supply such references on letter head. Also I’m a consultant working for a consulting house but at customer sites. Do i get employment reference from the consulting house or the end client?

On marriage certificate- must it be unabridged or will abridged do?

This forum already provided a wealth of info for us. 

• 2 weeks later...

@hjkotze, Sorry for the late reply. My Australian employer did most of the work regarding the nomination and sponsorship application.  All I had to do was submit a few documents (passports, IDs etc), answer a health questionnaire and do the medical examinations. 

Regarding employment references, I was fully employed and just got all my previous employers to write a simple letter confirming that I was employed (including the dates employed) with them and that I had experience in the skill I was being nominated for. Not sure how it works if you are a consultant. 

One tip I can give you though- contact your school and ask for a letter stating the exact dates you were enrolled and confirming that you were taught in English.  That was the only question we got from Home Affairs and it caused a slight delay, so probably best to have it in advance. 

Re marriage certificate. I think we submitted an abridged marriage certificate . We just used the ordinary one you receive when you get married which I assume is the abridged one (I think you have to request the unabridged one).  Maybe double check with your employer/ agent on this one. 

Hope that helps. 

I got an employer but he is not willing to use an agent and it's his first time.He lodged nomination last week so I wanted to know time frame and what documents are needed.I have a skills assessment and competent English.

Furthermore did he aply  for for visa simultaneously with lodging sponsorship

Hi Wes. Do you have a Degree or National Diploma? How many years worth of references did you have to submit? We also waited roughly 2 months since the first step was submitted and since had the Sponsorship and Nomination approved so the agent will by tomorrow submit all supporting docs for the final approval. Yours took only 5 days, that is great.