ImmiAccount - application status

Justyna

Question

Hi Guys,

Does the ImmiAccount status change from RECEIVED to something else?

We've applied for our 489 visa 5 weeks ago and I have been checking our ImmiAccount (driving myself crazy) but not sure for what! 😂

Does the status of the application change to something else like PROCESSING after 'x' amount of weeks?

How long would it stay in the 'received' mode?:)

Thanks for any help or advice

10 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Duggen said:

I was wondering the  exact same thing!

Hi @Duggen I bravely clicked on the 'question mark' on the ImmiAccount and here is some info I found :) 

However I would like to know how long one has to wait to see some 'movement' and the "Received" status change into something else.

I would love for us to get a Direct Grant, in this case I wonder if the only status you see is "Finalized"?

I'll try not to look at the ImmiAccount till this evening🤣

1413710159_ScreenShot2018-07-12at9_40_51AM.png.40ed7f09e267a28b4f11c2a7303f9485.png

Within the skilled independent visas you generally see very little changes.  It will likely remain at Received for quite some time.

It will move to Initial Assessment if the case officer writes requesting more information.

Finalised if you were to get a direct grant.

An email is generally the first thing you will seen - so make sure you update any changes in this and ensure nothing can go to junk mail.

Processing tImes do vary - and yes occasionally we do see one move quickly.  However, currently the department is saying that currently they are processing 75% of 489's within 9 months and 90% within 12 months. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Justyna said:

Thanks v much!  Would the situation be similar for the state sponsored 489 visas?  @TeeTMI

Yes the comments above were in relation to the 489.

• Like 1

@Justyna and @Duggen, my immiaccount status stayed at "received " and exactly 3 months later, changed to " finalized" .  All my documents etc were uploaded so this contributed to a direct grant.  I know that feeling you talk of, each time you log on and hoping to see a change and then nothing, exactly the same as you logged on 10 minutes ago!  After a while, it becomes nerve wrecking so I then decided that after 10am each day, it was pointless looking at my immiaccount (DHA will be closed for the day), and I would just log onto this forum and read up for more information to bide my time waiting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, March2 said:

@Justyna and @Duggen, my immiaccount status stayed at "received " and exactly 3 months later, changed to " finalized" .  All my documents etc were uploaded so this contributed to a direct grant.  I know that feeling you talk of, each time you log on and hoping to see a change and then nothing, exactly the same as you logged on 10 minutes ago!  After a while, it becomes nerve wrecking so I then decided that after 10am each day, it was pointless looking at my immiaccount (DHA will be closed for the day), and I would just log onto this forum and read up for more information to bide my time waiting.

@March2   Thanks very much!!  I totally forgot about the time difference :) .  On that note... I'll just have the very last look for today and leave it till... tomorrow:)  

• Like 1

@Justyna 😁 you can have just one last look, you’re going to do it anyway, just in case something changes....that’s what I used to say  and do at the beginning!

1 hour ago, March2 said:

@Justyna 😁 you can have just one last look, you’re going to do it anyway, just in case something changes....that’s what I used to say  and do at the beginning!

@March2   Yep... but it's really exhausting, however I'm grateful where we are on this journey (all docs uploaded, visa lodged)... 

The problem is that this 'moving continents' mission is quite complex and I feel bad spending my time on serious research in case we are not successful.

At the same time I know I waste quite a bit of time half heartedly looking around anyway!!!   

I've just come across information on the latest Visa applications processing times and noticed it was updated with the following (I think it used to be 5-8 months):

442165565_ScreenShot2018-07-13at1_17_26PM.png.bc6c91f123fbf512a9b70dd801b4fa52.png

I think I'm going to take a break from looking around the rental houses/houses to buy for at least 3 more months :) , which will take us to 4 months and 1 week since our visa was lodged!

I did read somewhere that some people were putting their houses on the market after receiving the State Nomination but before their visa grant.

OK - I'd better go.... ;) time to do some work!

@Justyna it’s difficult and really daunting but like the millions who went on before us say, it’s all so worth it.  I think it’s important to keep our faith and trust that everything happens for our good.  

Wrt processing times, I also had the 9-12 months status but was really lucky to have the visa granted in 3 months, so it’s possible that it can be really quick.

We are only now about to put our home on the market, didn’t want to take that risk beforehand.

All the best with the rest of the process.

On 7/13/2018 at 2:03 PM, March2 said:

@Justyna it’s difficult and really daunting but like the millions who went on before us say, it’s all so worth it.  I think it’s important to keep our faith and trust that everything happens for our good.  

Wrt processing times, I also had the 9-12 months status but was really lucky to have the visa granted in 3 months, so it’s possible that it can be really quick.

We are only now about to put our home on the market, didn’t want to take that risk beforehand.

All the best with the rest of the process.

@March2  - thanks very much!  That's wonderful that your waiting period was so short!  We are keeping our fingers crossed :)