Multiple EOIs effect on each other

Good morning,

I have a silly question, which I assume has been answered before. 

I've submitted an EOI for the 189, if I submit a new EOI for the 190 visa, will my 189 application be affected in any way i.e. date of effect moved to today?

I just want to double and triple check as I've been on the waiting list a while and I don't want to start anew again.

Thanks. 

As far as I know, nobody knows which changes will result in your EOI date being reset again. The general perception is that minor changes won't cause a date to reset - but major changes such as those resulting in a new point score will. It's a bit of a gamble - hope for the best, expect the worst case scenario.

However, if you have low points on a 189 and the 190 visa will result in a quicker invite, it's a no-brainer as low points on a 189 could mean a long wait and or possible no invite in a year whereas higher points on a 190 could mean a much quicker invite. It all depends on how much points you have, occupation demand etc.