Employment verification

Hi all, I'd like to know how or if any employment verification was done by DHA/AHC while your visas were being processed? The reason I ask is that the company I previously worked for closed down, so if DHA/AHC tries to contact them through official channels it might be a problem...

@Rossen I'm not sure they do it, but they do. My experience was initially rejected on the basis that they 'could not verify the companies I worked for'. Luckily my agent (worldwide immigration) were persistent in their appeal until my experience was eventually approved. 

Hello Rossen,

I can confirm that DHA often contact your previous employers.  If they are unable to contact any of the employers they generally get back in touch and ask for alternate contact numbers.

Regards

Thanks for the replies, I really hope that this goes smoothly and that they use the contact numbers I provided on the reference letter for my previous employer. 

On 7/2/2018 at 2:53 PM, Rossen said:

Thanks for the replies, I really hope that this goes smoothly and that they use the contact numbers I provided on the reference letter for my previous employer. 

For what it's worth, 2 of the companies that I worked for have since closed down. They didnt' do any verification - but as long as you've given all the info you have, I'm sure you'll be fine.