SkillSelect 189 Invitations published for 6th June 2018

SkillSelect 189 Invitations published for 6th June 2018.
For ALL occupations NOT in the table see text below
- 189 Invitations
300 invitations were issued for the 189 visa to EOIs with 75+ points (EOI date of effect prior to 31/5/2018).

- 489 (Family Sponsored)
5 invitations were issued for the 489 visa to EOIs with 80+ points (EOI date of effect prior to 08/05/2018)

The attached table is ONLY for occupations that are issued on a ProRata basis

Points.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that!

Do I understand correctly in assuming that if I have 75 points for 2611 which I submitted 27 June, it should be around 4 months wait for an ITA?

15 hours ago, EdB said:

Thanks for that!

Do I understand correctly in assuming that if I have 75 points for 2611 which I submitted 27 June, it should be around 4 months wait for an ITA?

How did you get to 4 months?

I recently posted about how the points queues work: 

16 hours ago, EdB said:

Thanks for that!

There are many variables within the system (some of which are future unknowns) which make it difficult to predict and the system is not linear (you cannot rely on the date of effect to move 2 weeks in the 2 week period between invites). 

In the latest round (figures not yet published) a larger number of invitations were issued and some people in the pool with 70 points were invited (so as long as your occupation was not on the Pro Rata list you may now have had an invite?).

6 hours ago, ChrisH said:

How did you get to 4 months?

I recently posted about how the points queues work: 

Not trying to guess exact timelines. But if Systems Analysts with 75 points up to Feb have received invites, then it means they waited 4 months. Of course that timeline varies.

• Like 1

I might be wrong, but I think the Date of Effect on that table means that is the day the new points minimum kicked in for that occupation and not that people up to that point got invites.

1 hour ago, ChrisH said:

I might be wrong, but I think the Date of Effect on that table means that is the day the new points minimum kicked in for that occupation and not that people up to that point got invites.

Hi Chris, The Date of Effect is the date the EOI was considered to have been last submitted (so the person might have submitted it in June with 65 points and then in July gets an increase in points to 70, the date of effect changes because their points increased in July).   So in Accountants in the table in the first post, on the 6th July 2211** Accountants with 85 points or over were invited, plus Accountants with 80 points where the EOI had a date (and time) of effect of before 10:18pm on the 31st January.