Almost time for our Oz Journey!

Anusha

I have been on this forum (has been super godsent) for the past 2 years reading, enquiring and planning our next steps. We eventually commenced the process in Sept 2017 and 10 months later we 3 weeks away from bidding farewell to our beloved country. 

Mixed emotions overload.

Our 20ft container is being packed on Thurs, Fri is my last day at work an organisation I am gonna miss so much, been there for 12 years to the date. Girls said their goodbyes to friends and are enjoying their school holidays with folks and friends! 

The next few days is the final rat race of cleaning and sorting out. We appreciate any advice that you can share looking at it retrospectively being onshore! 

Much appreciated! 

• Like 1

All the best Anusha

We are leaving in 5 months time and are busy selling one of our properties now, going through each rooms items to see what we can start selling and what we are taking over. While it may seem like a long time away till we leave - every time i blink it seems that another month has passed.

We are taking a move cube and selling all of our big furniture - we have been saving to buy new furniture over there.

I am extremely excited yet nervous as I will also be leaving a company that I have been working with for close to 10 years - going into a new country and looking for work is going to be interesting however I am confident I will find a position in a good company and take it from there.

We are moving to join our family who are over there - however saying good bye to friends is going to be tough - we keep telling ourselves that we will skype, whatsapp call, facetime etc which does make it a little easier. 😉

• Like 1

Overwhelming week! 

Home being packed up! 

Work farewells, lots of hugs, selfies and tears! 

Leaving a job I love, voluntary unemployment, would have never dreamt that ever! 

And today the container leaves! 

2 weeks to go till we jump on that 1 way flight! 

Eeeekk..... 

• Like 2

Good luck!

Stay strong. It’s worth it!

Good luck, 

We fly out tomorrow...cant believe we at this point in our life! Very nervous but hopefully excited for the adventure ahead, talk about a PARADOX!!!

had a quick squizz at my checklist! hope i haven't forgotten anything!

• Like 2

So you must be here by now! Welcome! How did the flight go, and are you settling in?

wow, 24 hours in this beautiful country, the 1st thing that crops into my mind, GOSH their is NO litter! everything is so clean:):)

Flight went well, Dubai to Adelaide was long.....but glad to be here. Thankfully haven't had too much jetlag..I think today we have been on adrenaline rush, managed to get some admin done, off to bed early today.. tomorrow we move into our rental, blessed to be here!

• Like 2

We're now just over 2 weeks in. Hehe, yes... there is no litter anywhere , very clean even in the city and a lot of parks and trees!!!

We found a rental in Mt Barker, haven't moved in yet... beds got delivered today and some other deliveries will come tomorrow then we will be able to move in (cutting it close as our Airbnb is only until this Friday). Beds taking a bit of time to assemble, as well as some of the other furniture we bought from Ikea.

The husband starts his new job on Monday, we're still surprised that it took him less than a week and a half to get a job in his field.

Good luck with the cold weather! Hope you have central heating at your rental. Our Airbnb is super cold with only small mobile heaters :(

Loving this new country and Adelaide City i am blessed to call HOME :) We did so much this week, super proud of my family!

• bank account ✔️
  • tax numbers ✔️
  • moved into rental ✔️
  • connected energy & gas ✔️
  • Bought a car, take delivery tomorrow ✔️
  • drivers license ✔️

Tomorrow to complete school registration, girls to start school on Tuesday and hopefully some job interviews this week... Fingers crossed ! Have a blessed week ahead everyone!

Wow @Anusha so glad everything is falling into place for you guys.  All the best to the girls in their new school, am sure they are going to love it.  Can't believe it's been a week and good on you for getting so much done.   All the best with the job hunting.

• 4 weeks later...

1month to the date since we arrived! 

Settled in like a "duck to water!" Adelaide is something else. I love the culture, old buildings in the city, clean conversation parks and the laid back relaxed nature of people. I have learnt to take a chill pill! I was too high strung and now take the time to enjoy and explore my surroundings. 

Started work 2 weeks ago, using the bus daily 20min trip to the city, walk in peace holding handbag and cell phone with earphones listening to Music, who would have thought! Complete opposite to who and where I was! Final countdown of 2 weeks till our container arrives, tired of camping now, can't wait for my bed! 

To all of you back home, contemplating whether to make the move, or going thro the motions of the stressful application just hang in there! We were in your shoes exactly a year ago and have no regrets. All the sacrifices, sleepless nights, sweat and tears is SO Worth It.!!! 

• Like 3

Great to hear it's all going so well! Enjoy! Now you just need to change your location 😀