Cancelling of Telkom A/C

Anusha

pls help.. a my wits end. Been trying to cancel my Telkom Landline & Fibre Line for the past 3 days. They don't do it telephonically, or in store any longer, only done online. And the online process is not working . I even went into the shop and did it online on the consultant's pc and it didn't work!

Trying desperately to get my 1 months notice in so its sorted out before we leave on 15 July.

Has anyone had any luck recently? Apparently this is a new process and they have even decommissioned mailboxes etc. So much for an inefficient process release!

Is their a complaints box i can submit to?

Arrrggghhh!!!

Did you manage to come right with this?

Was going to suggest that you can always try post a message on their facebook or twitter account and let them know you are trying to get hold of someone in the cancellation department.

Maybe that will work

Are they holding any of your money? If not, don't worry about giving notice or cancelling. Just cancel any debit orders. I had similar problem when I left and did the above. Never heard from them again.

• Thanks 1

thx for your reply. Eventually got hold of them. It will be cancelled on 9 Jul. hope they deliver on their promise!

Good luck

2 hours ago, Peterthe1 said:

Are they holding any of your money? If not, don't worry about giving notice or cancelling. Just cancel any debit orders. I had similar problem when I left and did the above. Never heard from them again.

I tried that when i battled to cancel my telkom line, and this was on the advice on someone from the telkom store.

Long story short got handed over to the attorneys, and one year later managed to get it cancelled whilst still owing them money. What a nightmare.

And i only found out about the attorneys because i still had my SA number active and kept receiving SMS's.

It wouldn't really matter once you've left SA. There's not much the attorney can do when you're gone. If you've done everything to cancel and they have ignored your efforts then it's their loss.

Edited by Peterthe1
Added content