Booking of flights

Anusha

hi there, Emotion overload today. Visa grants in the morning, looking for flights now. Has anyone used computicket travel before? The flights are even cheaper than  Emirates website.

Any ideas?

Hi Anusha, congratulations :ilikeit:!!

I saw something interesting when I checked flight prices.  Weather it works, I don't know, because I have not booked yet.  However, I compared flight prices with different websites, where they combine a list of flights and show you the best price.  On one of the sites I used, Cheapflights.co.za, I saw on the right hand side of the website was an advert for Travelstart.  I just randomly put dates in and I stated that I want to have a return flight from Johannesburg to Perth - just to have an idea of the cost.  I saw on the right hand side of the website was an advert for travelstart that showed an even cheaper price.  Anyway, the "advert" link that I clicked on for Travelstart, quoted me R9799 per person.  (This was yesterday).  When I saw your message I went on to Travel start and the cheapest flight I could get was R 12 580 per person.  I went on cheapflights again and saw the Travelstart Advert on the right hand side again.  I clicked on the Travelstart advert and sure enough, they quote me R9799.  That is almost R 3000 discount per person.  Like I said, I did not book but maybe it is worth a try.

All the best with your new future!:rolleyes:

D

• Like 1

I dont know if this is true, but apparently if you keep looking at the same flights for the same dates to the same places,  then flights keep getting more expensive.  Try clearing all cookies and browsing history or using a different computer.  We were trying to book a flight for an emergency visit and flights increased a lot over one night of constant googling. 

• Like 1

Yeah, your flight searches definitely make a difference.

Most browsers nowadays have a mode where it anonymises you: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-browse-web-incognito-all-big-browsers 

Obviously, if you sign-in to any specific website they have your search history server side so not much you can do about that.