NSW 190 sponsorship

Hi all,

I have been looking at a few visa options for a friend of mine. She has a positive skills assessment as a management accountant with 3 years experience. Currently though she can only get 70 points without state sponsorship which apparently is not enough?

Does anyone know if it's worthwhile for her to apply for NSW sponsorship? It would mean she then has 75 points and. She has been advised that NSW is no longer sponsoring accountants but I see management accountant is still on their skills list?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Duggen,

You are correct that 70 points is currently not enough for a SC189 invite.  It would be a good idea for your friend to update her EOI to include both a SC189 and a SC190 with sponsorship from NSW.  This will not cost her anything and will double her chances of an invite (SC189 and S190).

I hope this helps!

Regards

2 hours ago, SD_MOA said:

Hi Duggen,

You are correct that 70 points is currently not enough for a SC189 invite.  It would be a good idea for your friend to update her EOI to include both a SC189 and a SC190 with sponsorship from NSW.  This will not cost her anything and will double her chances of an invite (SC189 and S190).

I hope this helps!

Regards

Thanks that really helps!

Just so I understand, NSW are still sponsoring accountants and the extra 5 points would be helpful in potentially getting an invite?

Much appreciated!

Hi Duggen,

NSW are currently sponsoring both Accountant and Management Accountant.  NSW invite applicants based on highest points and I doubt that 75 points will be enough to secure an invite from them currently.

Regards

Just to agree with Stephen above.

I had an ICT applicant invited last week with 75 points by NSW, but the competition for Accountants is generally higher.  However, as they say with the lottery you have to be in it to win it and costs nothing to ask.   

• 5 months later...

I am in the same situation. 

My partner and I are qualified CA(SA)s. I have applied for an internal transfer (one of the audit firms) to Sydney. This was approved in principle but all the internal admin need to be sorted before the visa process can commence. I expect this to be a 482 visa as they will not sponsor me immediately for 186 PR.

We have also started the process to submit an EOI for 189. Sitting for the PTE on 4 December and will then submit requests for skills assessments to CA(ANZ) (both of us).

At this stage, because both of us are CAs, we will both submit EOIs for 189 and 190 (hoping for NSW sponsorship for the extra 5 points).

Our anticipated scores are as follow:

Myself:

Age - 30

English - 20 (let’s hope)

Work - 10

Education - 15

Partner skills - 5

NSW sponsorship for SC190 - 5

Total of between 80 and 85.

Partner:

Age - 25

English - 20 (let’s hope)

Work - 15

Education - 15

Partner skills - 5

NSW sponsorship for SC190 - 5

Total of between 80 and 85.

Doing both my partner and my EOIs at the same time,hopefully double our chances! Same with sitting for the PTE etc. 

Will put NSW as sponsor application since we will already work in Sydney. Hopefully they offer me sponsorship! 

What a stressful journey!

Good luck @MJO! We got 190 sponsorship (actuary though, so lower demand than for CA) for NSW and my work is in Sydney anyway, so that worked out well. When are you sitting the PTE?

Thanks!

PTE on the 4th of December. Want to lodge skills assessment and skilled work assessment as soon as we receive our results. Rest of the information already received, so we can submit out EOI as soon as we receive the skills assessment back. 

Reading your timeline, @Tntaglia, we will do something similar. Waiting for TSS 482 and then at the same time 189/190 for PR!!

• 1 month later...

So we received all required paperwork (PTE and Skills assessments) and submitted an EOI (189 and 190 NSW) on the 17th. Total points claimed are 80 and 85 respectively. 

Now for the long wait. And hope we get our invites soonest.