MJ2

Hello :)

Is it possible to update the EOI without moving to the back of the queue? :magic:

It's for the extra 5 points from another year's work done and dusted. It's been months, we really don't wish to move to the back right now

Thank you very much :D!

As far as I know if your points score changes your DOE will change. 

So if you have put an end date of your work as "current employment" or something down those lines (ie, no end date), the skill select system will automatically add the extra five points and change your DOE to that day.

This is also true for age, as my wife had her birthday during he EOI and it updated the points and changed the DOE.

If it doesn't update automatically you could also submit a new EOI with the higher points while not effecting your old one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Piet1234 Thank you very much! When the DOE changes, does that mean we move to back of the queue again?

44 minutes ago, MichelleJames said:

Thank you very much! When the DOE changes, does that mean we move to back of the queue again?

Yes I believe you will fall in the bucket with the people on the new date, so effectively moving you to the back of the queue.

When does the 5 extra points for your work come in to play? If you have already passed that date and your current EOI didn't automatically update, I would simply submit a new EOI with the more points, that way you have the old one on the lower points and the new one on the higher points. 

It is worth it to get the EOI in with the highest points, but I wouldn't change one that has been in queue for a while because it will bring your EOI date up until today anyway. Which is the same as simply putting a new one in. But then you lose all the time you were in queue.

• Like 1

Ahw man... I was hoping that wasn't the case :(.

It updated the points last week...

Thank you very much for all of your help

@MichelleJames 

If it has updated the points, you can log into Skillselect, on the first page in the middle it will show your "Date of Effect"

Go there and see if the date has moved.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone else wants to know : I updated my EOI by changing some employment dates and details and my date of effect did not change.

As others have said, I believe it's only when the points change that the date of effect will change and you will lose your place in the queue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyIsland said:

when the points change that the date of effect will change and you will lose your place in the queue.

If your points go up you actually jump the queue into the bottom of the next bucket.  Each points group per occupation is technically a different queue/bucket:

image.png.c3418c68443799bc0e7fe0a9b3f97622.png

If you move from 80 points to 85, you suddenly find yourself in position 6 in the queue overall and everybody else moves down one spot. 

That's why they often don't even pick from the lower buckets because they only take so many applications per round.   In this scenario, if they only took 55 applications, 75 and below would have to wait until the next round and hope that no new 80 and above applications come in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@ChrisH Thank you very much. This gives me so much hope right now