887 visa

Good day

Has anyone recently applied for an 887 visa? Thanks

Hello Chips,

I apply for these on a regular basis.  Do you have a specific question?

Regards

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SD_MOA said:

Hello Chips,

Regards

HI SD_MOA,

I am on 489 - South Australia sponsored. Living in adelaide since Aug 2016. Completed 1 year full time employment. Planning to lodge my 887 Visa application by Aug 2018.

My questions

Case - 1. If i leave my family (wife & son) in Adelaide & take up a job in other state, would it affect my 887 visa application or citizenship process (later)

Case - 2. After fulfilling 1 year Full Time employment & 2 years of living in South Australia, after submitting my 887 Visa application, am i free to take job offers fro other states (while my 887 visa application is under process)

Thanks

Andy

15 hours ago, SD_MOA said:

Hello Chips,

Regards

Thank you @SD_MOA one quick question can my partner move to another regional town once we have submitted our application and the kids and myself can stay behind at our current address.

18 hours ago, SD_MOA said:

Hello Chips,

Regards

Hi SD_MOA,

I do have a question as I will also be applying later this year, more towards end November. When we applied for our 489 we were required needed to get PCC's for 3 countries due to the fact that I had worked and lived in the UAE, Kuwait and RSA for substantial periods in the preceding 10 years. When we applied for our 489 visa we were living in Kuwait and then relocated directly to Australia from Kuwait 5 months after receiving the visa grant. So my question is would we then need to get a PCC again for all 3 countries , even though we have not been back?

I have been reading forums and it all seems quite conflicting, in some cases applicants seem to be only requested for the Australian PCC and in some cases the Australian PCC + their home country PCC. From my understanding it seems that the process to get PCC's from the Middle East Countries can take quite long 3 to 8 months so I am concerned about time wasting. If RSA is required then that is ok as there seems to be minimal waiting time.

Many thanks and good luck to you all

On 4/10/2018 at 10:17 PM, Freshlife2015 said:

HI SD_MOA,

I am on 489 - South Australia sponsored. Living in adelaide since Aug 2016. Completed 1 year full time employment. Planning to lodge my 887 Visa application by Aug 2018.

My questions

Case - 1. If i leave my family (wife & son) in Adelaide & take up a job in other state, would it affect my 887 visa application or citizenship process (later)

Case - 2. After fulfilling 1 year Full Time employment & 2 years of living in South Australia, after submitting my 887 Visa application, am i free to take job offers fro other states (while my 887 visa application is under process)

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

As long as you are living and working in Regional Australia as defined at the time you were granted your 489 then that will be fine.

You must abide by the conditions of your 489 until you have been granted your 887.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2018 at 11:37 AM, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Hi SD_MOA,

I do have a question as I will also be applying later this year, more towards end November. When we applied for our 489 we were required needed to get PCC's for 3 countries due to the fact that I had worked and lived in the UAE, Kuwait and RSA for substantial periods in the preceding 10 years. When we applied for our 489 visa we were living in Kuwait and then relocated directly to Australia from Kuwait 5 months after receiving the visa grant. So my question is would we then need to get a PCC again for all 3 countries , even though we have not been back?

I have been reading forums and it all seems quite conflicting, in some cases applicants seem to be only requested for the Australian PCC and in some cases the Australian PCC + their home country PCC. From my understanding it seems that the process to get PCC's from the Middle East Countries can take quite long 3 to 8 months so I am concerned about time wasting. If RSA is required then that is ok as there seems to be minimal waiting time.

Many thanks and good luck to you all

Hi There, DHA are able to request fresh Police clearance from anywhere you have spent more than 12 months in the last 10 years.  In my experience they do not do this unless you have spent a significant amount of time out of Australia in the meantime.

27 minutes ago, SD_MOA said:

Hi There, DHA are able to request fresh Police clearance from anywhere you have spent more than 12 months in the last 10 years.  In my experience they do not do this unless you have spent a significant amount of time out of Australia in the meantime.

Thanks Stephen

On 4/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, SD_MOA said:

Hi Andy,

As long as you are living and working in Regional Australia as defined at the time you were granted your 489 then that will be fine.

You must abide by the conditions of your 489 until you have been granted your 887.

Thanks Stephen

BR

Andy