DHA-9 Finger Print form

tcmiller

Do they post this DHA-9 Finger Print form to you from Canberra or from SA? How long should it take to arrive?

Also as an aside, anyone know where I can get the finger prints done in the greater Brisbane area? I'd be more than happy to drive to the other side of town if needed.

I'm embarking on the oh so fun process of renewing my South African passport from Australia, and given that it now takes 6-12 months from here I need to get cracking on this.

Hi TC,

I believe they post the Form from Canberra. We did our fingerprints at Ferny Grove Police Station. The guys there were very friendly and helped us with no problems at all.

The problem now is that it's been almost a year since we submitted the application for our son's passport renewal, and it is a royal battle to get any information from South Africa. The lady in Canberra really wants to help, but there is only so much she can do.

What a hassle it has turned out t be.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Cannot understand why it takes that long.

15 hours ago, tcmiller said:

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Cannot understand why it takes that long.

Because they don't want you to be a dual citizen that can vote at the embassy!  Generally speaking, people who have left the country wouldn't vote ANC so it's in their best interest to make the passport process so tedious outside South Africa that people renounce their ZA citizenship.

It takes less than a week in South Africa and it's all digital now.

It took 2 days for us to receive finger print forms from Canberra

Forms arrived from ACT in 8 days. Guess the postie took his time :)

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, 

Does the form need to come from Canberra or can I just use the normal fingerprint document that we'd use for police clearance apps?

this is so frustrating