LSD trip public tansport

AGP

Look, see, decide? Nah!

Decision made!

Visiting to look and see: Vicky and Tassie!

Visiting family in Victoria.

Any TIPS or Ideas on getting around in Tas?

Should I investigate driver's licence /permits for the trip?

49 minutes ago, AGP said:

Should I investigate driver's licence

Can't comment on public transport, but in Australia, you're allowed to drive on your South African drivers' license.  Only have to convert once you have PR and staying here permanently.

• Like 1

Public transport in Tassie is not the best, no trains just busses. I would suggest hiring a car. You can hire a car on your South African license and its not that expensive. Public  transport in Melbourne is fantastic!

• Like 1

Don't know about Tassie, but Melbourne for sure, excellent public transport. My in-laws recently stayed with us and after a single trip with me they were happy and comfortable to take the train to the CBD on their own: Hi kids, bye kids, see you later! Out the door they go. The train network is quite extensive, and where it doesn't go, buses do. Be prepared for a lot more walking than people do in RSA. But other than that, it's great!

With regard to Tasmania, I also suggest you hire a car and you can do so on your RSA license, to my knowledge.