ACS - RPL + points for vendor certification

rusyn

Hi,

By way of background: I have submitted an RPL to the ACS for assessment. Assuming that comes through, I will have 60 points (age: 25, English: 20, overseas work exp: 15) for a 189 visa under the 2613 category.

I see the ACS recognises certain vendor certifications as equivalent to AQF diplomas for 10 points. If I were to get one - MCSD - is there a way I can keep the points for experience and include those for the MCSD, seeing as the skills-met-date moves with the MCSD?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

I submitted an RPL report and also did an MCSD.

The ACS recognises an MCSD as an equivalent of a diploma in IT / bachelors degree.

You can claim points for both experience and the vendor certification by doing an RPL report.

The ACS only recognises MCSD's done in the last few years, so if you did an MCSD several years back it would no longer be recognised, which means you won't be able to claim for work experience gained before you acquired the MCSD.

However, the ACS will deduct 8 years experience from your total work experience as a penalty when doing the RPL report. So the RPL + Vendor cert is suited to applicants with enough work experience left after the 8 years are deducted.

Hope this helps.