Who else is waiting for visa approval?

Tntaglia

Sorry for the lazy post, the answer might already be in here somewhere.  How long does it take more or less nowadays from submitting the documents the CO requested to a grant?

5 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Sorry for the lazy post, the answer might already be in here somewhere.  How long does it take more or less nowadays from submitting the documents the CO requested to a grant?

Too long:P

@ChrisH @Ta2Bryan

189 App Day 106 checking in!!!

So if you are on 189 application it takes longer than 190 at the moment.

189: Anything on/before 26 Nov is in the pool to be processed.

190: Anything on/before 21 Dec is in the pool to be processed.

Anything application after those dates I recommend: Majestic Wine (https://www.majestic.co.uk/) or your SA equivalent.

• Haha 1

Thanks @Piet1234 , luckily its not for me!

I have a mate still in SA that is waiting for their 189, they did submit before Nov 2017.  Problem is they had CO contact to ask for medicals, went through all of that....  Then early Jan they got told that his police clearance certificate doesn't have his previous name on it (he took his step dads name a couple of years back), they submitted that updated clearance certificate first week of Jan and have been waiting since.

Yeah I think once you have submitted the asked for info you pretty much go back into the queue, or at least thats how it looks following myimmitracker. Pretty crappy but what can you do.

10 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Thanks @Piet1234 , luckily its not for me!

I have a mate still in SA that is waiting for their 189, they did submit before Nov 2017.  Problem is they had CO contact to ask for medicals, went through all of that....  Then early Jan they got told that his police clearance certificate doesn't have his previous name on it (he took his step dads name a couple of years back), they submitted that updated clearance certificate first week of Jan and have been waiting since.

After submitting our requested docs we didnt hear a single thing untill it our 189 was completed. it was painstaking. 

Yeah its annoying, when we submitted ours the average was 106 days and most people were getting it after 60-70, when we got to 70, most people were getting it at 80-95, when we got to 95 they stopped going past nov 26 and now the usual days looks like around 160....

We hit 106 yesterday and now the average has also moved up lol....its like chasing the pot of gold at the bottom of a rainbow.

At least clocks go forward this weekend in uk so braai season starts....

For those who were asked for extra documents, such as medicals - Had you not submitted or taken your medicals beforehand, upon submission of your visa application?

I submitted all my documents in the latter half of February, and am guessing my wife and I may receive our 190 NSW visas in June.

I am also concerned that they may ask for some unexpected document, which would delay the whole things by months...

@JayAySon we submitted our visa application on 4 Dec then all the documents followed within December.  We got a direct grant 15 Feb 18.  Have you done the form 80 and 1221.  We did it even thought the agent didnt ask.

22 hours ago, ChrisH said:

What's helpful is to look at the amount of time the CO asked for the provision of the additional information and not expect an answer before that date. One can assume the CO gives you a "set number of days" and opens the file again that date has been reached. Getting your visa before that date will then just be a bonus.

10 minutes ago, renebo said:

@Piet1234 what braai season, its still snowing, it's crazy!!! can't wait for the heat......

I couldn't agree more - it feels like winter knows we are all leaving and wants to torture us a bit longer :censored:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, renebo said:

@JayAySon we submitted our visa application on 4 Dec then all the documents followed within December.  We got a direct grant 15 Feb 18.  Have you done the form 80 and 1221.  We did it even thought the agent didnt ask.

Thanks for your response. We submitted Form80 and Form956, as recommended by our agent.

We haven't submitted a Form1221, but it may be worthwhile doing when I am back from vacation. Based on past experiences, have people been asked for this by their CO? What made you decide it was important, despite your agent not having asked for it?

@JayAySon I am not sure if people were asked for it, we just thought we would give them everything they could possibly ask for just to get a direct grant. good luck!

@TamTam @renebo Snow is a perfect way to keep the beers cold without having to go into the house to fetch them.

It's forecast to be sunny by me on Sunday, so I will be getting the braai out :) 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My braai has been professionally cleaned so that I can take it over - so sadly no more braai's for me till we move

Hi everyone...

So this morning we woke up to an email from our agent - VISAS GRANTED.  

Timeline as follows:

Submitted with  70 (65 + 5) points for Software Engineer (261313)

English Test - 30 March 2017
Agent appointed: 18 April 2017
Skills Assessment lodged to ACS – 30 May 2017
Skills Assessment approved – 15 June 2017

EOI lodged for the 189 visa – 16 June 2017 
EOI lodged for the 190 visa NSW – 21 August 2017
EOI updated for the 190 visa VIC – 1 September 2017
EOI updated for the 190 visa NSW – 29 September 2017 
ITA received – 20 October 2017
State Nomination to NSW lodged – 27 October 2017
SS ITA received – 19 December 2017
Visa application submitted – 28 December 2017
Police Clearance Submitted – 27 December 2017
Police Clearance Registered – 31 December 2017
Police Clearance Issued – 11 January 2018
Medicals done -  9 January 2018
Medicals cleared – 17 January 2018
Visa granted – 26 March 2018

First Entry date - 12 January 2019

Points (65+5) breakdown:
English: 20
Experience: 10
Qualification: 10
State nomination NSW: 5

So extremely grateful!!!

• Like 3

@Lidan big big congratulations! What's the timeline for your move and where you headed?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TamTam said:

@Lidan big big congratulations! What's the timeline for your move and where you headed?

Thanks

We will start job hunting now. We are hoping to move end June so that our kids can start 3rd term there

• Like 1

Just a quick update from my side, we had case officer email  this morning. Thought I had provided everything for a direct grant with Irp and pays lips for the past 5 years. Seems as though they also need 5 years bank statement which I have just requested. Hope to submit asap. Any ideas whether it goes to the end of queue now? 

Fingers crossed all goes well! 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:37 AM, renebo said:

@JayAySon I am not sure if people were asked for it, we just thought we would give them everything they could possibly ask for just to get a direct grant. good luck!

First of all - CONGRATS @Lidan

@renebo

- what are these forms for exactly? Do you know if they are necessary for 189 visa?^_^

@TamLovesRic Hiya, I am not sure if they are required for 189 visa, like I said we just submitted it to the agent without anyone asking us, this was so make sure a CO dont ask us for this.

• Like 1