Who else is waiting for visa approval?

Tntaglia

On immitracker at the moment direct grants for 189s is running at 90 days and for 190 it is 77 days. So 13 weeks for 189 and 11 weeks for 190.

We're in week 8 so probably early April at the earliest. But holding thumbs for everyone closer to the goal!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tntaglia said:

On immitracker at the moment direct grants for 189s is running at 90 days and for 190 it is 77 days. So 13 weeks for 189 and 11 weeks for 190.

We're in week 8 so probably early April at the earliest. But holding thumbs for everyone closer to the goal!

We're on 81 days today (but that is including Christmas and new years), so here's hoping for next week. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TamTam said:

Thanks @AdriaanSanta 

When are you planning on going over and where to?

I am allready in Sydney. I had to start working immediately. My poor wife has to pack up the whole house and everything. I owe her big time when she gets here.

30 minutes ago, AdriaanSanta said:

I am allready in Sydney. I had to start working immediately. My poor wife has to pack up the whole house and everything. I owe her big time when she gets here.

She's a champion! But you can also get things organized your side meaning she can arrive with things sorted out. Do you have kids?

How are you enjoying yourself so far?

Username

Visa

Visa invite

Visa lodged

CO contact

CO request

Days to CO contact

Grant

Tntaglia

190 NSW

17/01

19/1/18

Tntaglia

30/11/17

12/02

More info on nomination

21/02/18

renebo

190 VIC

28/11

4/12/17

Direct Grant

Direct Grant

15/02/18

anusha

22/11

2/1/18

Ta2Bryan

189/190

8/11

21/12

laurie26

13/11

4/1/18

March2

190 TAS

24/01

30/1/18

TamTam

101 Child

NA

30/06/17 

24/01/18

Medical 

07/03/18

JayAySon

190 NSW 

12/02

14/02/18

iambrettstar

23/08/17 

14/10/17

6/12/17 

Assessment commence email 

miles

23/08/17 

16/02/18

Lidan

190 NSW

19/12/17

28/12/17

Piet1234

6/12/17

RenVilo

190 VIC

6/12/17

9/12/17

23/02/18

Nikes

489 TAS

15/11/17

15/1/18

Additional docs 

AdriaanSanta

07/06/17

21/06/17 

7/08/17

1/3/18

TamLovesRic

21/02/2018

01/03/2018

Rossen

21/02/2018

01/03/2018

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a better picture of the times involved for the 189 visa. Also trying to figure out what the factors involved are between getting a direct grant in 3 months or waiting for 7 months after the CO contact.

@iambrettstar, can  you update the table above? Have there not been any updates on your visa application?

@miles, was your visa a direct grant or did the CO contact you for further information/docs?

@AdriaanSanta, did it take 7 months between the CO contact and visa grant with no further communication?

@Rossen I presume you already submitted all your documents?

@TamTam, I've submitted all of my documents and have done the medicals which we all passed. I was just trying to make sense of the table we have going. It seems like it takes around 3 months for the CO to get in touch, whether that is to request more info.docs or for a direct grant. I'm therefore trying to figure out what happened to the other applications that don't fit into the 3 month time-frame.

I would say @Tntaglia would be able to give you a better idea. She's a number crunching professional ;) 

Unfortunately, other than perhaps the VISA type (189/190/457) there seems to be no single factor that makes any sense of what DIBP are doing.

I submitted on 6 December, today is day 97 of my wait. 

If you follow MyImmiTracker, around mid feb people were being granted Visas at around 80-90 days, two weeks ago they did a bunch of around 160 days and the past two weeks mostly Sep/Oct/Nov have been done.

There is no pattern to what they do, it appears like they do it in blocks. 

All I know is after mid Feb when they were granting people at 80-90 days they increased the wait time to 9-12 months and have since then only been doing pre 23 Nov apps. Probably to clear a back log. Once they clear that back log they will start moving forward again.

As it stands if you applied in the past month you are looking at 5 months to hear, BUT, they have lowered the number of EOIs they select each week, so it is possible they blow through the backlog and then the wait time goes down again.

In short, there is nothing to do but wait, and trying to work out what these people are doing is futile but hey at least it helps pass the time...

• Like 1

Well said @Piet1234! I just have to figure out how to put it out of my mind. At least I haven't logged into my ImmiAccount today so that's progress I guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rossen said:

@TamTam, I've submitted all of my documents and have done the medicals which we all passed. I was just trying to make sense of the table we have going. It seems like it takes around 3 months for the CO to get in touch, whether that is to request more info.docs or for a direct grant. I'm therefore trying to figure out what happened to the other applications that don't fit into the 3 month time-frame.

There have been no further updates to my visa.

I initially had the same in mind as you, hoping for a direct grant within 3 months - but obviously, that has not been the case. My case isn't complex and I've submitted all my docs, so I can only assume they're looking to verify my working experience (although none of my previous employers has mentioned that they've been contacted...), but who knows at this stage. We're at 5 months now.

@Piet1234 is spot on - I'd say that there has been a pick-up in the pace of grants for those visas around Sept/Oct/Nov. Trying to make sense of it, it seems to me that they're now processing applications lodged at the end of September, somewhere around the 24th/25th: if you scroll through myimmitracker and drill down to grants in March for the last few days, you can see quite a few late-September applications being granted.

@Tntaglia will probably have a much more informed and accurate approach than I :) 

Regardless, you're not alone in wanting to check your immi account every day - the limbo is absolutely killing me and I shudder at the thought of going through this for 12 months or more like some people have - my pyjama party will involve a whole lot of beer and tears of relief.

Yeah, I got really annoyed when I saw in Jan and Feb the grant date move forward by about 4-5 days a week on my Immitracker, to the point when on 21 Feb the latest grant was 26 Nov, I was super happy. I was at 70ish days and most grants were for people on 80-90...

Since then they haven't moved forward at all and only been granting Pre 23 Nov... and now that I am at 97 days the latest grants are around 160....:angry:

The race is on to see who goes insane first lol

We lodged a 190 on 28 Dec and immi changed to 24 Dec today so really desperately hoping ours will be one of the firsts ones on the 28th pile.

Thecontrol freak in me is really not coping anymore lol :blink:

7 hours ago, Rossen said:

@miles, was your visa a direct grant or did the CO contact you for further information/docs?

it was eventually a direct grant. However, there was much back and forth regarding an issue with one of us not being cleared on the medical. But after that it was smooth sailing. 

On 13/03/2018 at 11:18 PM, Rossen said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a better picture of the times involved for the 189 visa. Also trying to figure out what the factors involved are between getting a direct grant in 3 months or waiting for 7 months after the CO contact.

@iambrettstar, can  you update the table above? Have there not been any updates on your visa application?

@AdriaanSanta, did it take 7 months between the CO contact and visa grant with no further communication?

@Rossen yip. The initial CO contact requestion more info was the only contact we had. Waited 7 months without hearing a thing.

On 13/03/2018 at 6:58 PM, TamTam said:

She's a champion! But you can also get things organized your side meaning she can arrive with things sorted out. Do you have kids?

How are you enjoying yourself so far?

Yes she is. Trust me, I am making sure she will arrive to a nice livable house and we will get all the admin (driver license, medicare and so on) sorted the very next day. We have two girls so I am talking to tge school. So far I have just been working and travelling for work. Luckily I enjoy my job.

• Like 1

One more week of waiting....I learned to use immitracker this weekend... @iambrettstar I have a sneaky feeling that you'll get something by the end of the month^_^

3 hours ago, TamLovesRic said:

One more week of waiting....I learned to use immitracker this weekend... @iambrettstar I have a sneaky feeling that you'll get something by the end of the month^_^

I hope so! It looks like they're making their way through October lodgements, so I'm crossing everything there is to cross.

So I realised we aren't in week 11...we are on week 10!!! I was a bit disappointed when I figured that out lol