Who else is waiting for visa approval?

Tntaglia

Congratulations. That's a weight off your shoulders.

Enjoy the good news, and let the positive energy carry you forward productively.

Thanks everyone! @Lidan yes, my new job is in Sydney. 

Awesome @Tntaglia

Please keep us posted as you go. We are also going to nsw and im still battling to figure it all out.

Have you been to Sydney before?

4 minutes ago, Lidan said:

Awesome @Tntaglia

Please keep us posted as you go. We are also going to nsw and im still battling to figure it all out.

Have you been to Sydney before?

Yes, I had a business trip in October last year, just after signing the contract with my new employer. Love the city, it's really amazing so I can't wait to move! 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:19 AM, AdriaanSanta said:

And there they go again. 5 to 8 months has now magically changed into 9 to 12 months. This is getting so overrated.

@AdriaanSanta What did your CO request? I am trying to figure out if I still have a super long wait ahead of me. My wait till initial CO contact was 207 days! I was only asked for the medical to be completed and I am trying to figure out if more information will be asked for.

On 19/02/2018 at 9:49 AM, Tntaglia said:

That's how I understand it yes - or, to look at it another way, case officers are quick to make first contact, but after that who knows what will happen.

Sometimes  they are to quick. We aplied, and booked 4 medicals the same day 1st open medical slot was about a week later. On the day we went for medicals we got feedback fom visa reauesting medicals. And then we waited about 6 months to hear back again.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:44 AM, Fidjet said:

Sometimes  they are to quick. We aplied, and booked 4 medicals the same day 1st open medical slot was about a week later. On the day we went for medicals we got feedback fom visa reauesting medicals. And then we waited about 6 months to hear back again.

Wow - that must have been really frustrating! 

On 2/24/2018 at 1:36 AM, TamTam said:

@AdriaanSanta What did your CO request? I am trying to figure out if I still have a super long wait ahead of me. My wait till initial CO contact was 207 days! I was only asked for the medical to be completed and I am trying to figure out if more information will be asked for.

Well they wanted verification of my Paersons English test. This was frustrating because you have to send it via the Paersons website s there is no sure way to know if they have received it. They also requested an additional PCC for my wife because of the whole surname and maiden name story. They were, or so it seems, happy to have two separate PCC's for each surname. No we are still waiting. My application is with the  Brisbane office and based on their performance on immitracker who knows when the grant will come through.

@AdriaanSanta wow it seems you have been waiting just as long as I have! It looks like your CO made initial contact really quickly though. My initial contact was after a 7 month wait when the medical for my son was requested. Did the requests come through at the same time. Or was it request....wait....request...wait?

On 2/27/2018 at 7:52 AM, AdriaanSanta said:

Well they wanted verification of my Paersons English test. This was frustrating because you have to send it via the Paersons website s there is no sure way to know if they have received it. They also requested an additional PCC for my wife because of the whole surname and maiden name story. They were, or so it seems, happy to have two separate PCC's for each surname. No we are still waiting. My application is with the  Brisbane office and based on their performance on immitracker who knows when the grant will come through.

@AdriaanSanta how annoying.......we are busy uploading all of our docs at the moment...i'm assuming thy didnt accept the PDF from pearsons? How do you submit it through the website? We did ask pearsons to send the results to DIBP....i wonder if this counts? 

41 minutes ago, TamLovesRic said:

@AdriaanSanta how annoying.......we are busy uploading all of our docs at the moment...i'm assuming thy didnt accept the PDF from pearsons? How do you submit it through the website? We did ask pearsons to send the results to DIBP....i wonder if this counts? 

I am also worried about this, it's one of the few things that could prevent us from getting a direct grant. 

3 hours ago, TamLovesRic said:

Yes you must submit online on the Pearson's website to DIBP.  I did submit mine online but the day the case officer tried to access my scores the Pearson's website was down.  The CO then sent me a request for more information to submit my scores online (which I had!)  

Edited by CharlesH

On 2/27/2018 at 7:16 PM, TamTam said:

@AdriaanSanta wow it seems you have been waiting just as long as I have! It looks like your CO made initial contact really quickly though. My initial contact was after a 7 month wait when the medical for my son was requested. Did the requests come through at the same time. Or was it request....wait....request...wait?

We got the request all at the same time. We responded to them within the allowed 28 days and have not heard anything since. It is torture. 

17 hours ago, TamLovesRic said:

We I think it depends, I did not ask them to send it through initially when I registered with Pearsons. I had to go online and then you request to have your score submitted to the DIBP. However heaven only knows if they have received it because there is no way to verify.

17 hours ago, Tntaglia said:

I am also worried about this, it's one of the few things that could prevent us from getting a direct grant. 

At the end of the day I dont think it can hurt to go on the Pearsons website and ask to have it submitted. It seems that they only make your score available for viewing to the DIBP instead of sending them an actual copy of the scores.

14 hours ago, CharlesH said:

Yes you must submit online on the Pearson's website to DIBP.  I did submit mine online but the day the case officer tried to access my scores the Pearson's website was down.  The CO then sent me a request for more information to submit my scores online (which I had!)  

I heard about this and that Pearsons had an issue at some point so I dont know if the DIBP has seen mine or not or what is going on. I have a feeling however that it could be because of the PCC for Botswana that I submitted and maybe they are struggling to verify it. It would be great if anybody that submitted a PCC from Botswana can tell me if that was ever an issue.

@AdriaanSanta Whenever we hit a waiting period we just like to keep in mind that the universe is looking out for us and that the timing isn't quite right yet..we find it keeps us sane. I hope you comes through soon!!!

23 minutes ago, TamLovesRic said:

@AdriaanSanta Whenever we hit a waiting period we just like to keep in mind that the universe is looking out for us and that the timing isn't quite right yet..we find it keeps us sane. I hope you comes through soon!!!

This is a very wise approach - if only my anxious brain would listen! But at least for my 457 the timing worked out perfectly after all the stress we had, my last day at my old employer is literally going to be the day we hand over our house to the new owners, then we fly a few days later (after visiting family). Now anxious to get the PR asap but at least it's no longer a determining factor in when/whether we go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TamLovesRic said:

4 hours ago, Tntaglia said:

This is a very wise approach - if only my anxious brain would listen! But at least for my 457 the timing worked out perfectly after all the stress we had, my last day at my old employer is literally going to be the day we hand over our house to the new owners, then we fly a few days later (after visiting family). Now anxious to get the PR asap but at least it's no longer a determining factor in when/whether we go.

Well, so almost 2 hours and 15 min ago we received an email from Migrate2oz stating.... Visa granted. Our 189 has been granted after months of ranting and raving about the Brisbane office (oddly enough the grant came from the Adelaide office). Thanks for all the moral support everybody. This has been the biggest challenge we had to face as a family. Hanging in limbo for almost 9 months, not knowing if weather to enroll the kids in school in SA for 2018 and I cant even begin to elaborate.

It has been so tough and this moment is so surreal. When ever it comes to the next person, know you have earned it.

• Like 4

This is such awesome news @adriaansanta - I am so happy for you! You must be over the moon! Big congrats!

Congrats @AdriaanSanta....FINALLY!!!  Wow you guys must be so relieved.  Wishing you guys everything of the best with the move and settling in.