Victoria State Sponsorship closure extended for engineering and building occupations

TeeTMI

Victoria State Sponsorship (SC190 / 489)
The closure (since October 2017) of applications for engineering and building occupations on the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria has been extended up to the 4 February 2018.
Applicants who hold an offer of employment in Victoria in their nominated occupation or meet the streamlined PhD or 457 pathways are not affected by this closure and may apply for these engineering and building occupations during this time.
The occupations affected by the temporary closure are:
312112 Building Associate
233211 Civil Engineer
312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson
233311 Electrical Engineer
312311 Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
233512 Mechanical Engineer
233914 Engineering Technologist

• 1 month later...

Hallo TeeTMI,

What does this mean? My wife and I are both Engineering Technologists and we submitted our EoI for visa 190 on 24 February 2018. We applied to all the states in Oz.

Another question - we are keen to move to either Victoria or NSW, but because one cannot select 2 states when submitting the EoI, we selected all.  What happens for instance if SA or Tasmania respond with a nomination?  Are we obliged to accept the 1st nomination that we receive or can we wait for the preferred states to reply?

On 05/03/2018 at 7:09 PM, Remote said:

Hallo TeeTMI,

What does this mean? My wife and I are both Engineering Technologists and we submitted our EoI for visa 190 on 24 February 2018. We applied to all the states in Oz.

Another question - we are keen to move to either Victoria or NSW, but because one cannot select 2 states when submitting the EoI, we selected all.  What happens for instance if SA or Tasmania respond with a nomination?  Are we obliged to accept the 1st nomination that we receive or can we wait for the preferred states to reply?

Hi Remote, I have responded to the email you sent me.

For others -  you are not obliged to accept a nomination from a state if you do not wish.   However, there are a number of issues with the approach Remote has suggested.