Skilled Regional 489 visa: South Australia

Lorraine

We are considering Australia (as well as Canada) as options for immigration. We have had two free assessments done for Australia and both resulted in different conclusions about what we are eligible for. The one assessment states that we are eligible to apply for a 489 Skilled State Nominated Provisional Visa (application to South Australia) as a Life Science Technician (I am in my final PhD year and have over 10+ years experience in conservation). I am turning 41 in February and therefore time is not on my side. I will adding two dependent children and a 37 year old partner to my application. An assessment of my points according to the information I provided were as follows: Age 15 points; English language (potential) 20 points; Work experience 15 points; Qualification 20 points; State sponsorship 10 points = Total points scored 80 points.

Is there anyone else on the forum (40 or over) applying for this visa and would like to share their experience and advice?

Hi Lorraine

I would be happy to give you some free advice if you would like to send a copy of your CV to the email address below, if it would help.