Internet data

Husky

Hi all

Hard to believe that we have less than 19 days left in South Africa. 

We are very fortunate to have been offered use of an apartment in Parkville on arrival whilst we try and find a rental. The apartment does not have internet or TV. Between my teenage kids and husband, this will be a real problem. I understand that there is no real point in getting satellite TV, but to rather continue using Netflix, Plex etc. So my question is, what is the best and most affordable way to gain internet access/ data that will meet the needs of a family used to uncapped data? We expect to be in the apartment for around 3 to 4 weeks.

Thanks

Since you want to use Netflix anyway, would it not be better to just use your Laptop until you move into a rental, rather than

buying a TV?

• Like 1

Uncapped data is all fixed line stuff, if you want data without putting in a line you will need to go with cell phone internet (4g) 

Right now the best deal i have found is $70 for 100 gigs of data per month, if you buy your own hotspot modem and get the month to month contract you can cancel it when you dont need it anymore

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobile-broadband/data-sim-card

• Like 1

Or grab the following deal iPad 128GB 4g with 100GB Per Month for $52.50 for 24 Months at Optus and get a 'free' iPad, access to Optus Sports, National Geographic, Mobile TV Streaming (including Netflix, Stan, ABC iView, YesTV) without using plan data, Music streaming (spotify, google play music) that doesn't use your plans data...

You can even use the iPad to set up a hotspot for other devices to connect to...

It would however require committing to a 24 month contract (but it's a really, really, really good deal)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Titus said:

Mobile TV Streaming (including Netflix, Stan, ABC iView, YesTV)

This is the key item here, look for a package that includes this.  100GB doesn't go far when you start streaming at high speeds.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful.