Resident Return Visa Subclass 155 - Personal ties/Benefit to Australia?

Three80

My husband and I have activated Permanent Residency visas but we have yet to relocate to Australia.
The travel facility for above mentioned visas expire in July 2019 and our plan is to permanently move to and reside in Australia from February 2019. However my husband’s work requires him to regularly travel internationally and as such a RRV is a very important requirement to have. 

We won’t meet the resident requirements for a Subclass 155 (2 Year Residency), however we are hoping he will be granted a one year travel facility based on his personal ties to Australia.

My question is would he be able to qualify for a Subclass 155 RRV with the following: family based in Australia, a rental agreement for the property we will occupy, daughter in school and registered as an Australian tax payer? The company he is working for is not an Australian company, but would it be considered a compelling and/or compassionate reason that he needs the income to provide for his family?

Any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

@TeeTMI or @SD_MOA both agents that kindly assist on this forum, may be able to answer you. I have tagged them and hopefully one or both of them will offer their opinion on your question.

I had to travel for work as well, and was in a similar situation. I submitted proof of rental, statement of school fees, plus a letter from the employer stating that I had to undertake international travel by virtue of my position. I received a one year RRV within two days.

Hello There,

I believe that if you provide the proof as described above that the RRV should be granted but perhaps not for the full 5 years initially.  I would recommend relocating to Australia as early as possible to build up the proof required.

Regards