Primary applicant choice

Janti

Good morning,

I'm struggling to determine who should be the primary applicant on our visa application. We're applying for the 189 points tested visa.

Background: I hold a bachelors in Electrical & Electronic engineering and my wife a bachelors in Chemical engineering. I cocked up my English test, so i'm 5 points short without claiming points for partner skills. My wife on the other hand did fantastic and has 60 points without claiming points for partner skills.  

Do we only complete a skills assessment for my wife and apply through her? Or do we complete a skills assessment for both of us and apply through me? Would she require the skills assessment to find work in any case? I'm hesitant to change her to the primary applicant as we have set up our immiaccount with me as the primary. Not sure of it's difficult to change?

Also, does she stand a better chance than me in securing the visa? Not sure which occupation is more sought after.

Thank you !

Hi @Janti

I would be happy to assess your CVs if you can send them through to me and give you some free advice about who is best to be the main applicant. My email is below if you need this support. The skilled migration process can be complex and costly if you get it wrong. Currently it is better if you can score 65 points as 189 EOIs are not receiving invitations if they have 60 points. This may change in coming invitation rounds however.