Police Clearance Certificate Turnaround Time

March2

Hi All

What is the current turn around time for PCCs?  Anyone who has done these recently, what are the costs currently at and if you don't mind, what is the procedure?

I read that PCC's also contribute to determining the visa entry/activation date, so when would be the ideal time to do the PCC's?  Our agent will be lodging our EOI soon, perhaps by the end of this week.  I know we should wait for agent's advice on all that I am asking here....but I'm being a tad bit impatient....can't help it.  Sorry!:blush:

Our agent advised when to do the police clearance. If I recall this was just before we lodged, because this does determine the entry date for the visa. 

Its was around R90. Obviously we went to the Police Station to do it and make sure you have a copy of your ID. Its fairly quick to do and took about 2-3 weeks to be completed. We submited the original fingerprints page done at the police station and dropped it off atour Agents, who then submitted for us in PTA. 

We lodged ours two weeks ago. I think the cost now is about R113 per person? We paid by EFT and took the POP with us to the police station, they were very happy with that (but also offered the option to pay cash). The officer said it's a 5 week process at the moment.

Honestly if you're lodging EOI now with high points (70 or more) I would get them done now - because you have a decent chance at getting a visa invite very quickly and if you have them when you lodge the application, you have a chance at a direct grant. But if you have only 60 points it could take a long time for an invite. However bear in mind it's only R113 per person so getting them redone if it gets close to a year, it's not the end of the world. Basically if you get the visa you have to enter Australia within the expiry period of the PCC and the medicals, which is a year - so if they are dated 1 Jan and you get the visa grant on 1 December it will be a mad scramble to get to Australia to activate.

23 hours ago, March2 said:

Hi All

What is the current turn around time for PCCs?  Anyone who has done these recently, what are the costs currently at and if you don't mind, what is the procedure?

I read that PCC's also contribute to determining the visa entry/activation date, so when would be the ideal time to do the PCC's?  Our agent will be lodging our EOI soon, perhaps by the end of this week.  I know we should wait for agent's advice on all that I am asking here....but I'm being a tad bit impatient....can't help it.  Sorry!:blush:

You will need PCC until last day you leave SA,so when you apply for Permanent residence and then later apply for citizenship,you will need PCC for time difference from visa application until you have arrived in Australia.

Do it shortly before you lodge (not EOI) but final application, so after you get the invitation letter -- tip: for your wife get one in her married and one in her maiden surname 

• 3 weeks later...

I received notification today that our PCCs are completed - so it took exactly a month (6/11 to 6/12), 22 working days. We did not use docassist or similar, simply completed at the police station (paid by EFT beforehand but we had the option of paying there) and it's supposed to go back to the police station. 

Does anyone know if there is a delay between receiving the SMS saying it's done and when it's available at the police station?

Don't you just collect it directly from the place they issue it at in Pretoria?

Hi @Tntaglia, why don't you get hold of Christa at the Pretoria PostNet.   They offer an amazing collection service for PCC's.  She can be contacted on (012) 320 4346.

We used her (twice) and within an hour of contacting them I had a scanned copy of the PCC and 2 days later I had the physical certificate in my hand!  

You collect it in Pretoria.

Did it all ourselves - took 2 weeks. Had fingerprints taken and paid at local police station (office hours only). Drove through to Pretoria and handed in on a Wednesday afternoon (open 24 hours).  Will collect this weekend.

Same for us - it took exactly 2 weeks. 

Also, I agree with the advice to do the fingerprints and your local station, and then take the documents (and not leave it with them). You can then drop off and collect yourself in Pretoria - the Control Centre is open 24 hours a day. We received an sms to say it was ready for collection exactly 13 days after submission.

Please remember that for women who changed their surnames, the PCC needs to have both surnames listed. 

Sameer 

I ended up having to collect from Pretoria, but it was a very quick and easy process. I was there at 8am this morning, 8:15 I left with the certificate (with both names on it) in hand. 

• 1 year later...

I'm waiting on other documents (unabridged marriage certificate, wife's birth certificate) so decided to give PCC a test run (need it as sponsor for partner visa).

I completed the police clearance form (took fingerprints) at a police station in Pretoria, paid the R114 cash. Two weeks and one day later (perhaps because I emailed yesterday to enquire?):

From SAPS: Police Clearance appl. for xxx yyyyyyy, ref. no. 2019/nnnnnn, was received and is in process. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS SMS

Next time I will ask about dropping my wife's off directly.

Hi everyone 

My nephew needs to provide an urgent Police clearance for South Africa for his Perm Res. But he is living here in New South Wales. Does anyone know what’s the fastest way to do it?

Any feedback welcome.