Health declarations

Tntaglia

I hope someone here knows the medical process a bit and can help me understand.

We used the "my health declarations" option on Immiaccount to get our medicals done. Basically it is recommended to use this if you haven't lodged your visa yet (there is a separate process if you wait until the CO asks for medicals, I know nothing about that). So we went for our medicals 10 days ago.

First we had to do the online declaration, noting everything that has ever been wrong with any of us. We were as honest as possible, noting down my husband's heart condition and back injury, among other things. The doctor at Rosebank laughed off the back injury, didn't even make a note of it on our files (same as he did with the fact that my gall bladder was removed). For the heart condition he asked for a cardiologist report which we obtained and sent on to him.

So a couple of days after the medicals I logged back into Immiaccount to check; it said "health clearance has been provided" for me and the kids, and for my husband it said "being evaluated". We contacted the doctor to ask if there is anything else he needs, and he said no he has submitted the info. Today I checked back and it now says "health clearance" for all four of us.

I would like to check what this means - does it mean they have actually looked at his health condition and decided it's all clear, or just that our info has gone through the process and once we log a visa application they'll let us know if it's a problem or not? I'm guessing it's the latter, hoping for the former. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I think that means that it's all clear - we lodged ours with the same status and we're all 100% health (though our visa has not yet been granted). However - as far as I understand, the case officer has final say, so the case officer has the right to request additional information or further examinations once you lodge. If you're worried, you could request an agent check through your application before you lodge - there's a fee for that I'm sure - and get their opinion before you pay the full fee?

• Thanks 1

Thanks @iambrettstar I really hope you're right! It will be awesome if we're in the clear with no further info required. I am going to check with our agent to see if there is an option to get more information before we lodge.

• Like 1