HAP Number and other stuff

Andypanda

Hi.  In May 2015 I submitted paper application for a Parent Contributory Visa 143. From what I can gather from the progress tracking website, I figure that they could get to mine early in 2018 so am trying to get ducks in a row in order to avoid unnecessary delays. Have completed form 80 and still have to apply for police clearance and do the medical. I have a couple of questions which I hope someone can answer for me:

1) Having submitted a paper application, do I need to have an online immiaccount and if so why do I need it?

2) At what point do I send off the Form 80 and Police Clearance Certificates. Do I courier them to the parent visa centre and can I do this before I am appointed a case officer?

3) Do I have to wait for the allocation of a case officer in order to receive a HAP number or can I acquire one before then? Who supplies the HAP number?

4) Do I have to make an appointment for the whole bio-metrics thing in addition to all the forms they require?

5) Is there anything else that I have to do that I might have missed?

Do hope someone has some current info for me. Thanks in advance.

Hello Andy,

Currently DIBP are emailing Parent visa applicants and asking them to start getting their documents ready prior to them getting to the front of the queue.  I recommend you do not do anything until you receive that email.

I have replied to your queries in the body of your email below.  Please see >>>

14 hours ago, Andypanda said:

Hi.  In May 2015 I submitted paper application for a Parent Contributory Visa 143. From what I can gather from the progress tracking website, I figure that they could get to mine early in 2018 so am trying to get ducks in a row in order to avoid unnecessary delays. Have completed form 80 and still have to apply for police clearance and do the medical. I have a couple of questions which I hope someone can answer for me:

1) Having submitted a paper application, do I need to have an online immiaccount and if so why do I need it?
>>> No

2) At what point do I send off the Form 80 and Police Clearance Certificates. Do I courier them to the parent visa centre and can I do this before I am appointed a case officer?
>>> Only when requested by your case officer.

3) Do I have to wait for the allocation of a case officer in order to receive a HAP number or can I acquire one before then? Who supplies the HAP number?
>>> I recommend you wait for the Case officer to request the medicals at which time they will provide you with a HAP ID.

4) Do I have to make an appointment for the whole bio-metrics thing in addition to all the forms they require?
>>> Wait to see if they are requested by the case officer.

5) Is there anything else that I have to do that I might have missed?
>>> Your sponsor in Australia will need to complete the Assurance of Support documents but again you should wait for the case officer to request this.

Do hope someone has some current info for me. Thanks in advance.