Brisbane public schools fees???

grootliam

Hi all

Im new on here and this is my first post. If all goes well we should arrive in Brisbane Dec2017  or Jan2018 (just waiting on the 457visa lodged early October 2017)

I am having troubke finding out if state school would be free for my 7year old son or if we woukd need to pay. It seems that in some states you need to pay but i cant find anything specific for Queensland state. Could anybody please advise? As mentioned we will be on 457 work visa and not PR visa.

Hi grootliam,

As far as I am aware, on a 457 you will pay school fees in a state school. Not sure how much though. 

You can also download the app "qschools". In this app you can check out different schools with all their contact details, correspondence, newsletters etc

Liz

This is the contact details gor Gumdale SS if you want to email them.

Tel: +61 7 3902 8333

admin@gumdaless.eq.edu.au

On 10/31/2017 at 10:37 AM, grootliam said:

Hi all

Im new on here and this is my first post. If all goes well we should arrive in Brisbane Dec2017  or Jan2018 (just waiting on the 457visa lodged early October 2017)

I am having troubke finding out if state school would be free for my 7year old son or if we woukd need to pay. It seems that in some states you need to pay but i cant find anything specific for Queensland state. Could anybody please advise? As mentioned we will be on 457 work visa and not PR visa.

Hi all. So after my wife emailed several state schools in the area that we are thinking to settle...... 90% gave feedback of which 50% of those actually did confirm that there is no extra fees and that we would be treated the same as people on a PR visa. So state school it will be then.

Only problem seems that you can only apply once you settled in the catchment area....this might only be once the school year already started next year and not really ideal.

On 03/11/2017 at 6:18 PM, grootliam said:

Hi all. So after my wife emailed several state schools in the area that we are thinking to settle...... 90% gave feedback of which 50% of those actually did confirm that there is no extra fees and that we would be treated the same as people on a PR visa. So state school it will be then.

Only problem seems that you can only apply once you settled in the catchment area....this might only be once the school year already started next year and not really ideal.

Hi grootliam,

The enrollment process for SS are very easy. You can probably do that on the first day of school. Understandably you want to arrive prepared with uniforms and stationary etc, but the teachers normally also start a few days ahead as in SA so I'm sure they can assist you before the first day of school.  Same for the uniform shops. As far as I can remember, they also open a few days ahead.

If you select a school in your catchment area, they have to accommodate you.

It will be tight but doable.

..."one does not simply move to a new country and everything runs smoothly..."