Is Melbourne weather bad?

nanettedv

YEp, we have settled on the Central Coast, near Sydney,  reminds me of Durban in terms or temps and clear skies in winter, but not as humid, Melbourne is just for visits now

7 hours ago, Donovan83 said:

Been a while since I logged in but saw this thread and it triggered my PTSD about Melbourne's weather 😅

To answer the question - yes, it is bad. I tried to adjust to Melbourne for 2 years and eventually just cracked it and left. I distinctly remember walking out of my apartment doors on a day in mid December 2016, being blasted in the face with freezing wind and yet another day of grey skies and drizzle and realising I'd reached my limit. Within two months of reaching my limit I'd packed up my stuff and set up a new life back here in Perth, and I have never looked back. 

I find Melbs a lovely place to visit but I hated living there. 

I think some people can handle it and some can't. Personally coming from Jhb with summer rainfall its been an adjustment. There's winter rainfall in Melb and so summers are hot and dry and winters and cold and wet. Because winters are cold and wet it makes it seem worse than it is. It can get a little depressing for some people as it doesn't rain for than it drizzles for about 4+ months consistently. Over and above that the weather can be very unpredictable. It can rain and then turn to sunshine many times a day.

Either way if you have an office job and have a home with central heating/cooling you are fine. If I had a job where I was constantly outdoors I think I may have a slightly different opinion.

• Like 1