Question on country of birth

CharlesH

My wife was born in South West Africa (now Namibia) in 1977 and her parents moved to SA in 1978. My wife is a SA citizen and has a SA unabridged birth certificate that states she was born in SWA.  I'm wondering if this will be a problem during the 189 application?  Could the case officer require a birth certificate from Namibia?

Edited by CharlesH

Hello Charles,

The situation you describe above should not be an issue.  I have had clients in similar positions who have not encountered any problems.

I hope this helps!

Regards

2 hours ago, SD_MOA said:

Hello Charles,

The situation you describe above should not be an issue.  I have had clients in similar positions who have not encountered any problems.

I hope this helps!

Regards

Thank you. Her ID and birth certificate state South West Africa as country of birth.  Of course there is no more South West Africa so I suppose I have to select Namibia.  

Edited by CharlesH

Hi @CharlesH

I was in the exact same situation, but I only lived in my country of birth for the first few months of my life.  When i submitted my 189 I was asked to provide a police clearance for that country.  I had to call them to explain that I never lived there as an adult, and in hindsight would have stated this explicitly in my application (i don't know where though).  I suggest you find a small space to explain this if you can, so you don't have a query on your application.