Lize87

Good day everyone

This is my first post to this forum and I'm looking forward to your responses.

I'm currently practicing as a dietitian in South Africa, while studying at UNISA (long distance learning) for psychology. I'm only in my second year of studies now, and I'm thinking of immigrating to Australia within the next year or two. So here are my questions:

1) Will my 3 year certificate in psychology studies from UNISA be recognized in Australia?

2) What are my options in continuing my studies in Australia to become a registered psychologist?

3) What are my requirements and cost for further studying in Australia to become a psychologist?

4) Is there good job opportunities for psychology in Australia?

Thank you so much, I will sincerely appreciate any advice as I would like to make an informed decision into this new and exciting realm.

@Lize87 Hi and welcome to our corner of the world! I hope you find many answers to all the questions you will have during this process. Unfortunately, I cannot assist with your present questions.

The only assistance I can offer is that we have something similar to UNISA in Australia, called Open University. Below is a link to their website, it may be of help to you. Not sure whether they offer psychology studies.

https://www.open.edu.au/