Graduate Electrical Engineer

ErnaC

Hi There

"By word of mouth" is very powerful in Australia. My son(22) graduates in November and did apply for positions on several websites BUT wondering if anyone is aware of such positions in companies..He is prepared to move where he can find work...PLEASE make contact if you become aware...Thank You

Edited by Mara

• 2 months later...

Hi there. My youngest did electrical engineering in sydney, finished 4 years ago. He was just in th right time and right place. Positions are very competitive even with word of mouth. There are online tests, numerous face to face interviews, assessment centres etc.

companies in terms of graduates look for  the city in which you completed your studies, I.e "locals". So if you're in nsw it's difficult to get a graduate position in other states as they would first look at locals. Major companies like rio tinto and bhp when the mining boom was on, had positions for australia wide candidates but I think it's really competitive. 

Best of luck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!! I'm very happy to announce that he got a position in Brisbane where he wanted to be....got an apartment, is currently home for the Xmas period....then he'll be a working man,living on his own...sad for me that he is all grown up but a very exciting time for him ahead!! SO PROUD OF HIM!!!

• Like 1