Visa's Lodged Sept 2017

Rich990

42 minutes ago, Jameausi said:

Hi mates, 

Just want to let you know that I received my visa on the 1st of February. 

Good luck to you all.

yours is on way just hang in there. 

Congratulations! 

Hi guys!

Just got an e-mail this morning. They requested a PCC for me that has my married surname as well as my maiden surname on it......

Now, I knew that they were probably going to request it that way, but here's what happened:  When we went to apply the first time, I did ask the lady doing our applications that I needed my maiden name on my PCC, but she just said that apparently there was no specific spot on the form for that, so I must phone Pretoria when they start my application and request it.  I did this as soon as I got the sms to say that they have received my application, spelled out my maiden surname and everything, only to receive a PCC with only my married surname 2 weeks later.

When I received the PCC without my maiden surname, I phoned them immediately and explained the problem.  They told me to send them an e-mail explaining the problem, and attach my ID, Marriage Certificate and also the PCC that was wrong, then they would fix it and send me a re-issue.  Once again, 2 weeks later I received another PCC, after paying Postnet another R180 in courier fees, that only had my married surname.

Fast forward to another two failed re-issues, and yet more money wasted on courier fees, I decided that I was just going to take the chance and send the PCC as is........ Obviously this has not worked out.

My last PCC is not older than 6 months yet, so another re-issue is possible, but we only have 28 days to submit the required PCC, so I can only either try another re-issue or start a new application for scratch before we run out of time.  Was thinking of using a red marker to add a note at the top of my application about adding my maiden surname?.....................

Any advice will be greatly appreciated at this point!

hi, You have to use Postnet Pretoria to help you. They are awesome. You will have your new PCC document within 2-3 days. Email Christia and she will send you all the requirements.

ptacbd@postnet.co.za

Good luck xxx

On 13/02/2018 at 10:09 AM, Lelanie said:

Hi guys!

Just got an e-mail this morning. They requested a PCC for me that has my married surname as well as my maiden surname on it......

Now, I knew that they were probably going to request it that way, but here's what happened:  When we went to apply the first time, I did ask the lady doing our applications that I needed my maiden name on my PCC, but she just said that apparently there was no specific spot on the form for that, so I must phone Pretoria when they start my application and request it.  I did this as soon as I got the sms to say that they have received my application, spelled out my maiden surname and everything, only to receive a PCC with only my married surname 2 weeks later.

When I received the PCC without my maiden surname, I phoned them immediately and explained the problem.  They told me to send them an e-mail explaining the problem, and attach my ID, Marriage Certificate and also the PCC that was wrong, then they would fix it and send me a re-issue.  Once again, 2 weeks later I received another PCC, after paying Postnet another R180 in courier fees, that only had my married surname.

Fast forward to another two failed re-issues, and yet more money wasted on courier fees, I decided that I was just going to take the chance and send the PCC as is........ Obviously this has not worked out.

My last PCC is not older than 6 months yet, so another re-issue is possible, but we only have 28 days to submit the required PCC, so I can only either try another re-issue or start a new application for scratch before we run out of time.  Was thinking of using a red marker to add a note at the top of my application about adding my maiden surname?.....................

Any advice will be greatly appreciated at this point!

We had similar issues trying to get the PCC with my wife's maiden name printed on it. In the end, I had a friend living in JHB drive to the police station in Pretoria with a letter from my wife stating he could collect it on her behalf (wasn't needed in the end). He waited in the queue and explained what was needed and asked for it to be reprinted with the maiden name on (he had a copy of both of her ID books showing maiden and new surname).

The constable at the counter refused to do it and said we need to re-apply, but my friend kindly made enough noise that a passing warrant-officer heard, came over and apologised and then reprinted it immediately with the correct details.

My friend then went to postnet and sent the original to us in Cape Town.

That's probably the only way you'll guarantee that you'll get what you need within the timeframe required.

we had the same - my wife's PCC had her maiden name.

I went to the office in pretoria physically with the PCC, the marriage certificate and her ID and they printed it for me same day.

If you're in Gauteng, I highly recommend taking the trip thru to Pretoria.

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, things have been a little hectic work wise.

Everything worked out in the end, thankfully!  First I tried phoning the criminal records department that morning to try and explain the problem to them, again.  Eventually they just told me to send another e-mail, with all the same documentation that I have been sending every time, so I decided not to try and give them the benefit of the doubt again........   They did confirm that if I drove there, they would be able to do a reprint while I waited, which would mean that I could make sure that it was correct this time, so I was seriously considering driving the 130km's to get there.  After @Anusha  told me to phone Postnet in Pretoria, I decided to try it before driving all the way, because I really didn't have a whole day to do this at the moment.  After explaining the whole situation to a lady at Postnet Pretoria cbd, she told me that if I send her all my documents and a proof of payment for the reprint, she would go up to the offices and request a reprint with the correct details, and then she could send me a scanned copy of it that same day!!!  This meant that I could upload it immediately instead of waiting to get the original like before.

I was aware of the fact that people were using Postnet Pretoria cbd to drop off their applications and pick up their PCC's, but I didn't know that they could actually request reprints on my behalf.  It would have been so much easier if I had known this in the beginning, but hey, hopefully this post will help someone in the future........

• Like 1

Hi all

Just a quick note to say our 189 visas were granted today. I hope all of yours (for those in the September cohort who are still waiting) are granted soon!

Regards, TW.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TetchyWombat said:

Hi all

Just a quick note to say our 189 visas were granted today. I hope all of yours (for those in the September cohort who are still waiting) are granted soon!

Regards, TW.

Congratulations!

22 hours ago, TetchyWombat said:

Hi all

Regards, TW.

well done, congrats

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

So, we woke up to the great news that our Visa's have finally been granted on Friday!! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 4

Congratulations... now to tackle the big move!