Processing time for 101 Child Visa

TamTam

Hi

I was really excited to find this website and here it goes with my first post. Hubby and I are on 189 PR Visas and are due to arrive latest October 2018. Our beautiful baby boy was born after we were granted our PR and therefore we have applied for a 101 visa for him. We currently live in The Netherlands (can't wait to leave!) and although I can't imagine what would go wrong that they don't issue the visa I am still really worried (not sleeping, stressing out). We applied one month ago given that I heard the processing times were notoriously long.

Can anyone report back on applying for this visa and any problems they encountered after submission. I did the application myself and was extremely fastidious in ensuring all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed. I am just very stressed "something" will go wrong. Given that we have our PR I assume the 101 is really just a paper (and money) exercise.

@TamTam I do not have answers to your questions, I will leave that to the forum members. I just wanted to welcome you to our corner of the cyber world and say that you should ask away... our forum members and hosts are always very kind to answer as many questions as we can!

I have one for you... where do you plan to settle in Australia?

11 hours ago, Mara said:

@TamTam I do not have answers to your questions, I will leave that to the forum members. I just wanted to welcome you to our corner of the cyber world and say that you should ask away... our forum members and hosts are always very kind to answer as many questions as we can!

I have one for you... where do you plan to settle in Australia?

Hi Mara

At this point we are looking at Perth, possibly Brisbane (the insane humidity alarms me slightly, not sure I would manage and possibly Newcastle ( I have heard mixed reviews with some saying it's lovely and up and coming and others saying its a dead coal mining town and should be avoided). To be honest work will also determine where we settle but for now we are leaning towards these places, in that order.

Ps your kitty profile picture is insanely cute

@TamTam thank you for liking my kitty picture... I am definitely an old cat lady!

Perth - hot and dry and on the other side of Australia. There are many from RSA that live there.. so it must be good. I just worry about job opportunities there.

Brisbane - have lived there, ran away due to the humidity. Having said that, if you are both able to work in air conditioned comfort, and have full air conditioning at home... who cares about humidity. The place is beautiful and gorgeous!

Newcastle - I am told that there is new life being pumped into the place and it is not that far from Sydney, where there is loads to do. I am sure that there must be some forum members that live there, perhaps they would like to give their opinions.

Good luck with all the decisions.

You may want to check out https://www.seek.com.au/ for job availability in those places!