What happens when you Visa is granted

AdriaanSanta

Hi all,

So, I seem to have the same deal as a few guys on this forum and that is to be fortunate enough to go to Australia with employment in hand. I will be working for the same company I am now and will just be re-employed by our Sydney office.

Now for my actual question. What happens when your Visa is granted. Do I need to take my passport to an Australian embassy in person to have the Visa issued and stuck in my passport or do you get it on the airport in Aus... What happens..

The reason I am asking is, I need to fly to Germany (for work related issues) in week 42 (second last week in October) and from Germany my employer wants to fly me directly to Aus. So what happens if my Visa gets issued while I am in Germany, how do I get it in my passport?

Thanks

Hi @AdriaanSanta, firstly congrats, thats great news.

You visa is electronic and linked to you passport/passport number so you don't need to get and sticker in the passport.

What I did was print out the visa grant letter and carried with me. It did come in handy as at the check-in counter they were looking for the sticker so I just showed them the letter.

But they have not asked anything the last two time I went back to SA.

When you arrive in AUS they pick it up on the system when you go through, no issues, you can even ask them and they will confirm the details.

• Like 1

Having a job is wonderful. Congrats.

Just to corroborate Yuvi's note. On our recent activation trip, it was all automatic. No stamps in passports. I found the MyVevo app was reassuring.

• Like 1

Awesome guys. Thanks for the response. I travel every second week to Botswana or somewhere and it is nice to know it wont be an issue.

Hello Adriaan,

The post above are correct.  Here is a link to VEVO. You can even download an app for your phone if you want.

All the best!

Regards