190 PR Visa Getting to 60 Points

TimeToGo

Hi,

We are so close to getting 60 points to apply for a sub class 190 permanent residents visa, but will be 5 points short.  My wife turns 45 at the end of October.  We think we would get 55 points, with age, qualifications, state nomination (ACT), etc.  She writes the IELTS exam this weekend with the aim of getting 8 for each category, and that will get us to the 55 points.  She could get the additional 5 points by doing the Credentialed Community Language assessment in German, but NAATI, the organisation that runs the assessments, tells us that they would need 5 weeks to prepare the test and another 10 weeks before results came out.  That would mean we would only get the results after her 45th birthday.  We are so close, but just not there.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do?  We would need to get an EOI in well before her 45th birthday, probably at the end of September at the latest.

Appreciate any ideas or thoughts.

Many thanks!

Edited by TimeToGo

@TimeToGo

You will need to check this, but can you not get the extra 5 points as her partner? We claimed the 5 extra partner points on my skills assessment and English test. Do not recall my age being a factor, but I am under 45 (just). 

You would need to get a plan B in place pretty fast because if she does not get all 8's for IELTS then you will have a 15 point problem, if I understand your post correctly.  There would be too little time left for another IELTS test or remarks, etc. Agents can advise you better than I can but a 489 sounds like a good option