Visitor visa escalation

Good morning all,

I have been reading and gaining so much info from this forum over the past few weeks and must thank everyone for the valuable resource contribution.

My wife, 1 year old and I are looking to apply for s189 visas very soon (have been in contact with Stephen Dickson), she has done her Academic IELTS and scored 8s and we are just holding off our application until we return from an LSD trip.

Which is where my conundrum (read stuff up?) comes into play. My wife and baby are also Dutch nationals and they got their Aus visas online in 5 minutes in the most pain free process ever (and for free!). I did my application online and biometrics were processed on 5 July 2017. I had friends who had just done their NZ visitor visas which took a week to process and stupidly thought that a month for Aus would be plenty! Its first world after all! My stupidity has now caused my issue- the Australian High Commission in Pretoria seem to be behind on their visa processing and I understand that they are only processing visitor visas that were lodged around 20 June at the moment.

I know it's my fault for booking flights and accommodation etc prior to visa processing and unfortunately hindsight is 20-20.

My question is this- the current visitor visa processing times are 16-28 days. I understand that I may escalate the visa processing after this period. This means that I can escalate on Wednesday and we are due to fly out on Friday evening. Has anyone had any success/ knows of any success when it comes to escalating and whether this can be achieved?

The High Commission refuses to help me until 28 days have passed (and I concede that this is as per their procedure)- but I am now on the nip of having to postpone flights and forfeit accommodation in Melbourne and deposits in Brisbane and Noosa. It's going to end up costing me a chunk if I have to. So has anyone heard of any success stories when it comes to escalating or are they just going to tell me sorry, your fault, hurry up and wait?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sceptre said:

So they processed my visa yesterday- it seems that there was a kind soul who listened to my pleas!

That is so nail biting!